5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12” screen Harmon Kardon speaker and amp upgrade

fsco78

Reaction score
I am looking at upgrading my Ram 1500 12 HK speakers and amp. Anyone do this looking for what works. Please keep this post for this specific radio..thanks

djbdb

Reaction score
Agreed! I have the same set up and it’s no where near loud enough. I can have a talking conversation with it turned up all the way. Disappointing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

g_svan

Reaction score
Agreedx2 - Sound isn't half bad, but definitely not loud enough.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed! I have the same set up and it’s no where near loud enough. I can have a talking conversation with it turned up all the way. Disappointing
There’s NO WAY you’ve had the TSB performed on your HK system if you can have a “talking conversation” at any volume above 20, let alone at 38.

Do a search...there are probably 100+ posts in one thread alone about this TSB.

I typically have my system at 6-8 for background music and turn it up to 10-15 for a good song. I’ve hit 38 only once...jamming out to “No Sleep til Brooklyn” with a truck full of dudes that remember the Beastie Boys :)

djbdb

Reaction score
There’s NO WAY you’ve had the TSB performed on your HK system if you can have a “talking conversation” at any volume above 20, let alone at 38.

Do a search...there are probably 100+ posts in one thread alone about this TSB.

I typically have my system at 6-8 for background music and turn it up to 10-15 for a good song. I’ve hit 38 only once...jamming out to “No Sleep til Brooklyn” with a truck full of dudes that remember the Beastie Boys :)

Good to know. I’m going to call tomorrow to schedule an appointment! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neokane

Reaction score
Mine is plenty loud at 22. Definitely can't have a conversation at 22!

djbdb

Reaction score
Mine is plenty loud at 22. Definitely can't have a conversation at 22!

Just had mine updated. Don’t notice much of a difference. Oh well...i guess it’s gonna be aftermarket fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newtododge

Reaction score
The TSB didn’t do anything for mine except add distortion. Wish I would have never done it. However, that being said. I did use a spl meter and RTA to determine the system is 1 dB louder in the center of the center console when at volume 38 you move the speaker settings 2 spots forward. Subsequently the sub actually increases 2db at 80 hz. Leads me to believe the amp is under powered which is why the volume is limited

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online