5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12” screen goes dark (lights on mode) with remote start

NoLimit

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited (hemi etorque) that I purchased a month ago and just noticed that if I do a remote start, either from the app or the key fob, the 12” display comes up dark, as if the lights are on (when they’re not). The only way I’m able to correct this is to turn the engine off and restart normally. Has anyone else experienced this?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I remote start my vehicle, the headlights come on which makes the screen darker. But when I push the start button while in remote start is active, the lights shut off and the screen brightens back up. Unless it is dark out, then the lights stay on.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
When I remote start my vehicle, the headlights come on which makes the screen darker. But when I push the start button while in remote start is active, the lights shut off and the screen brightens back up. Unless it is dark out, then the lights stay on.
Pretty sure that's how my 2021 Limited works too. But I honestly don't remote start it enough to remember.

NoLimit

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Yea, now I read the manual I see that using the remote start actually doesn’t just start the truck, but puts you in remote start “mode” where the parking lights are on (which I didn’t notice because it was bright outside). So it appears to be working correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread