5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12” radio turns on without key fob or ignition button cycled

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Not sure if this is supposed to be like this or not?? Or if this just an early glitch from a Uconnect system that’s never been updated above 18.18.1b. The radio can be turned on without a key fob present or touching the ignition button and open/close the door several times a radio will not turn off. Can also go through all the other system screens that are there. No wonder my battery has gone dead a half dozen times since new. Anyone else able to this?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Just a thought... maybe it's still in "Dealer mode"???

I know that when the truck is in the lot, you can get inside and turn the screen on, it will let you play with it just to check it out..

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Nope, not dealer or demo mode. owned for over two years now. Had never tried it before, until by chance this past weekend.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like a very early software version...perhaps an update fixed this issue.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Seems like a very early software version...perhaps an update fixed this issue.
Or brick it. That‘s why I haven’t bother going to the dealer for a update. Waiting impatiently for over 2 years for an OTA And still nothing.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or brick it. That‘s why I haven’t bother going to the dealer for a update. Waiting impatiently for over 2 years for an OTA And still nothing.

I believe your version is older than the version necessary for OTA updates. So a dealer visit is most likely going to be necessary.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a thought... maybe it's still in "Dealer mode"???

I know that when the truck is in the lot, you can get inside and turn the screen on, it will let you play with it just to check it out..
Mine does the same thing...kinda. the splash page comes up but that's as far as it goes. I have the latest version according to the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread