5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12” quirks

Phys224

Reaction score
A month ago, my backup camera stopped working. After a few restarts and a few hours it came back. Today, the backup camera worked but my display would not come up. When I shut the truck off, the backup camera briefly displayed. Shut the truck off, tried the tune and power reset thing, no good. A very quiet ride to my destination. After a couple hours, climbed in, started calling the dealership and tried starting the truck. Boom, it was back and worked fine all the way home. 4100 miles. Is this common?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, there a ton of posts on this forum about malfunctioning backup cameras (on 2021 models) with associated issues on Uconnect. Seems a lot of dealers are replacing these parts (camera, head unit), but it doesn’t appear to have solved everyone’s issue.
I have a hard time believing that all these parts need to be replaced - I think there’s a commonality that just hasn’t been found yet. But what do I know…I haven’t dealt with it personally.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have lost camera function at least four times since buying truck in April. I have lost the camera grid lines at least twice, but camera worked.
I have lost all audio (Sirius, Bluetooth) EXCEPT FM radio about four times as well, twice along with the camera malfunctions.
Irritating to say the least. Got prompted to update software about 3 weeks ago. Was hoping issues would be fixed, but they still exist.
On all occasions, issue disappeared after a few hours of the truck sitting, and has not lasted longer than 24 hours.
Technology is great when it works right. Love the truck, but RAM needs to fix their sh**, because it doesn’t always work right.

Users who are viewing this thread