5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

115v ac dash inverter install

hd02deuce

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the site, thanks ahead of time for any info anyone can give. Trying to add the 115v ac unit to the dash of my 2020 1500 Classic, Warlock edition, and the wiring was there , everything went together fine, did it while adding the brake controller. Try to use it and nothing, fuse is in the block and right size and good, but no power to or out of it. I know it has to be flashed for the brake controller to work, do I need to have the flash include this too, even the pictures on the ram trucks site show it there but no extra switches in the dash cluster or anywhere else. Just wondering if anyone else has done this mod. Thamks again

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the site, thanks ahead of time for any info anyone can give. Trying to add the 115v ac unit to the dash of my 2020 1500 Classic, Warlock edition, and the wiring was there , everything went together fine, did it while adding the brake controller. Try to use it and nothing, fuse is in the block and right size and good, but no power to or out of it. I know it has to be flashed for the brake controller to work, do I need to have the flash include this too, even the pictures on the ram trucks site show it there but no extra switches in the dash cluster or anywhere else. Just wondering if anyone else has done this mod. Thamks again
I haven't done this, but I would assume that the feature has to be turned on by a dealer, or maybe there is a way to do it with Alfa obd?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Cdovi90

Reaction score
Im sure you got it going by now lol but for the next person, just run the wires to the battery and ground and make sure you have an inline fuse and don’t leave the inverter on with truck off. I’m going to try to remote wire it to an accessory fuse so it turns on and off wiith truck but I have to see. How much watt usage I would lose on my inverter first

Users who are viewing this thread