5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10th Anniversary Indigo Sea Salt Interior?

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this in person? Pictures/Video are hard to tell exactly what this color looks like? On the doors, dash, steering wheel and center console, is this black? or more like a dark blue? Then with the lighter shades on the seat, is it more like gray? 2022-Ram-1500-Anniversary-Interior.jpg

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
OK, I finally got to my computer for this. I went to the Chicago Auto Show this past summer specifically to see this truck in person. The above marketing photo is crystal-clear but the colors are NOT represented well whatsoever and it was difficult to tell what the "matte" looking areas of the seats were. Were they suede or something else?

First of all, the Indigo Blue does not show up well in most pictures. It's a shade that is difficult to discern from a dark grey or black depending on the color and camera. I can attest it is most definitely a dark blue and a beautiful shade of it at that. They Sea Salt Grey is a very light color and contrasts very nicely. Now for the disappointing part but we'll have to live with it: those matte looking areas are NOT suede-they're CLOTH. Lots of it actually. I am not against cloth as it actually can hold up better than leather long-term as far as durability. The part I don't care for is that it is more difficult to keep clean/wipe down AND despite being advertised as uber-premium the last time I checked you don't find cloth inserts in any mid-to-high level luxury car ANYWHERE.

Beyond that the entire interior looks REALLY, REALLY nice. The quilted pattern is done on the center dash, console lids front and rear, some on each seat, and on the center door panel inserts.

All of the wood is still black, as is most switchgear and some bezels. The suede headliner, A-pillars, and sun visors look very upscale.

I hope some of these pictures help. I have a few more if anyone wants them. Once my actual truck arrives I'll take a lot more pics and some videos in natural light that may help as well.

Overall I'm dying to get my new truck. I've never custom-ordered a vehicle before and have always "settled" on something on the lot. Each time before I've always had just a little bit of buyer's remorse because I didn't get EXACTLY what I wanted. This time I am--every.....single.....option. 2021-07-18 09.14.12.jpg 2021-07-18 09.14.18.jpg 2021-07-18 09.14.29.jpg 2021-07-18 09.14.33.jpg 2021-07-18 09.14.37.jpg 2021-07-18 09.15.20.jpg 2021-07-18 09.15.33.jpg 2021-07-18 09.15.42.jpg 2021-07-18 09.18.30.jpg 2021-07-18 09.18.33.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry but not really I saw this video or one similar...you still cant tell if lets say the center console, steering wheel etc is black or like a dark blue?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The indigo color is unchanged from previous Indigo/Frost Limited's, its a slate or blue/grey color

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now for the disappointing part but we'll have to live with it: those matte looking areas are NOT suede-they're CLOTH. Lots of it actually. I am not against cloth as it actually can hold up better than leather long-term as far as durability. The part I don't care for is that it is more difficult to keep clean/wipe down AND despite being advertised as uber-premium the last time I checked you don't find cloth inserts in any mid-to-high level luxury car ANYWHERE.

I agree, that was an odd choice. Especially after the 10th anniversary longhorn got leather with suede the previous model year. Are there suede shortages?

I do like some of the other things they've done for the 10th package but I would not be happy about the cloth either.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that there have been plenty of warranty claims on the 2021 (and earlier) leather interiors. I would imagine it's a durability thing.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I agree, that was an odd choice. Especially after the 10th anniversary longhorn got leather with suede the previous model year. Are there suede shortages?

I do like some of the other things they've done for the 10th package but I would not be happy about the cloth either.
I'm going to see how the seats do for cleanability for a while. If they prove to be difficult I'm going to have Katzkin or something similar made as long as they're able to factory-match the Indigo blue portion and maintain the factory/OEM cut/swatch pattern for the seating surfaces and do them in a darker grey/indigo mix. I was surprised they didn't do all those areas in suede like the headliner......and as you mentioned the 10th Anniversary Longhorn inserts.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that there have been plenty of warranty claims on the 2021 (and earlier) leather interiors. I would imagine it's a durability thing.

Still seems a little odd to do suede one year and follow it up with cloth the next, it just doesn't fit the luxury feel. I don't keep my rams very long but haven't had any leather issues over the years, my 21 is only about 5 months old and 7500 miles in but the seats look like the day it arrived still. We will see how it looks in another couple of years but at this point I don't have any reason for concern.

I'm going to see how the seats do for cleanability for a while. If they prove to be difficult I'm going to have Katzkin or something similar made as long as they're able to factory-match the Indigo blue portion and maintain the factory/OEM cut/swatch pattern for the seating surfaces and do them in a darker grey/indigo mix. I was surprised they didn't do all those areas in suede like the headliner......and as you mentioned the 10th Anniversary Longhorn inserts.

Sounds like a good plan, I'll keep an eye out for your review and decision once you've been able to access it more in person.

BowDown

Reaction score
Even if that were the case, I dont see how replacing the leather with cloth in those areas mitigate warranty issues. That said, mine has 26K miles on it and my interior is perfect

BowDown

Reaction score

You wont have an issue, mine have held up perfectly for 14 months and 26K miles, not a single issue with the color(s)

Delmonico87

Reaction score
I have a 10th anniversary on order and I’m not overly worried about the light sea salt color holding up well over time but, I’m very surprised that all of those spots I’ve been trying to figure out what the material is, ended up being cloth. I love the looks of it and I may just do a ceramic coating after I get it for cheap peace of mind considering I have small children. Either way I feel like the interior looks luxurious and will feel the same.

PaRamRod

Reaction score
That interior looks amazing. I have a 19 Longhorn and love the interior. Still confused why they went back the brown/black interior on the Longhorns. I’ve been looking for a 10th Anniversary Longhorn but that seems impossible.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this in person? Pictures/Video are hard to tell exactly what this color looks like? On the doors, dash, steering wheel and center console, is this black? or more like a dark blue? Then with the lighter shades on the seat, is it more like gray? View attachment 108676
Just picked mine up Limited yesterday! Patriot Blue exterior with Indigo/sea salt interior. Like a lot of people, I was concerned about the Indigo/sea salt. It's impossible to tell from all the photos how they really look. I think the your photo is the best one I've seen as to how it really is. You won't think "blue" when you see the Indigo. It's a very dark blue that looks great. The Sea Salt is a light gray and goes perfect with the Indigo. Long story short, in my opinion, it looks beautiful!!! Way better than I thought it would. If you were concerned the Indigo would be too blue, don't. If you were concerned the Sea Salt would be too white or cream looking, don't. If you have ordered this color interior relax, you definitely won't be disappointed!

BowDown

Reaction score
Just picked mine up Limited yesterday! Patriot Blue exterior with Indigo/sea salt interior. Like a lot of people, I was concerned about the Indigo/sea salt. It's impossible to tell from all the photos how they really look. I think the your photo is the best one I've seen as to how it really is. You won't think "blue" when you see the Indigo. It's a very dark blue that looks great. The Sea Salt is a light gray and goes perfect with the Indigo. Long story short, in my opinion, it looks beautiful!!! Way better than I thought it would. If you were concerned the Indigo would be too blue, don't. If you were concerned the Sea Salt would be too white or cream looking, don't. If you have ordered this color interior relax, you definitely won't be disappointed!

I do like the 2022 Limiteds quilt stitching over the previous filigree stitching. The good thinng about the indigo frost is that the filigree stitching doesn't stand out as much. I do not like the cloth inserts on the 2022 however. Ideally, I'd take the 2022 quilted pattern and the 2019-2021 full leather surface and combine them. Both the Indigo/Frost and Indigo/Sea Salt interiors are great

monkeypunch

Reaction score
A) how are the cloth inserts?

B) What is the last 6 of your VIN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online