5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10k mile review

edgarrian

Reaction score
So I have just turned 10k mile on my 2019 rebel. I purchased at the beginning of the year. I do like the truck still but there are some minor issues.

1) The dreaded brake drone. Basically it sounds like a school bus coming to a stop. It typically does this when its cold and you take off. I don't notice the noise after the brakes have warmed up. I believe there is a TSB for this.

2) I have a slight metallic chattering noise when Im going 20MPH and increase my speed lightly. It sounds like its coming from the rear. Its not spark knock. I have had this for sometime now. The radio has to be turned off so you can hear it. Initially I thought it was something under the backseat making the slight chattering noise. I removed it all and the noise is still there.

3) At the beginning of ownership when I turned the gear selector knob to quick. It would not go into gear. It was also very cold during these times as well. North Dakota winters. Maybe that played some role as to why it wouldn't go into gear. I have not had this issue since March.

4) Start up noise. I have seen the videos where the drive shaft moves slightly at startup. I had also read that ur first oil change would resolve the issue. That seems to be my case. I haven't heard it in sometime now.

Its not a perfect truck thats for sure. I really didnt have this many issues from my tundra. That truck was pretty solid. The seat in that truck was uncomfortable and that truck had mice. I work in North Dakota and my truck sits on site for two weeks at a time. Keep in mind I keep the inside of my truck clean. I don't eat in it at all. With that said id see mice droppings in the damn thing. I looked up the reasoning for that. And apparently Toyota made the outer covering of the electrical wire with peanut oil. Some say thats what attracted mice. I never had any electrical problems but I certainly didnt want to deal with it as time went on. I had that truck for 5 years and traded it off for this rebel.

Aside from the minor annoyances with the truck I do like it. The inside is really nice. Its very comfortable. It seems dependable despite the minor issues. I do get pretty good gas mileage. Typically im always 16 or higher. Im getting ready to drive my truck back to indiana as Ill be off work for a little over 1 month. Ill be taking it to the dealer to try to get 1 and 2 resolved. Honestly I have very little expectations for minor issue 2 but we shall see.

When people ask me about the truck. I tell the truth. I like it but there have been a few minor issues. I don't have any regrets as of now. A few dissappointments for sure.

clazer

Reaction score
Maybe I’m missing something, but 10k miles and only a minor noise seems like a pretty good run?

kittyjo

Reaction score
14k on mine and been a year only problem is the uconnect system... always updating and screen freezing up once in awhile besides that I’m happy with mine!!!

edgarrian

Reaction score
Maybe I’m missing something, but 10k miles and only a minor noise seems like a pretty good run?

Your right which is why they are minor. Oddly enough I got in my truck today and the brakes didnt drone. I recently had it detailed by the dealer here in watford city ND. I had the truck serviced and tires rotated. The dealer apparently does not have a guy thats clean that moves the truck. The inside drivers door was really dirty. So much so that I didnt think to highly of it. I snapped a pic and sent it to the dealer and they called me the next day. Offered me a detail and a free oil change. I denied the oil change but accepted the detail. They did an excellent job.

Here is to another great 10,000 miles.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just passed 12k on mine. Got it on Jan 1 of this year. It’s been damn near perfect. I had the usb hub replaced because CarPlay would glitch, also had the rear brake assist module replaced because the brakes would slam on constantly when backing up. They replaced both of those without question and they have been perfect ever since. No other problems. Knock wood. Very happy.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just passed 12k on mine. Got it on Jan 1 of this year. It’s been damn near perfect. I had the usb hub replaced because CarPlay would glitch, also had the rear brake assist module replaced because the brakes would slam on constantly when backing up. They replaced both of those without question and they have been perfect ever since. No other problems. Knock wood. Very happy.
That's encouraging, thanks for sharing it. Sounds like you must have a pretty good service department, too.

mpurkey

Reaction score
2) I have a slight metallic chattering noise when Im going 20MPH and increase my speed lightly. It sounds like its coming from the rear. Its not spark knock. I have had this for sometime now. The radio has to be turned off so you can hear it. Initially I thought it was something under the backseat making the slight chattering noise. I removed it all and the noise is still there.

I think my 2019 Rebel has this same issue. I believe it’s a vibration coming from the skid plate surrounding the gas tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edgarrian

Reaction score
I think my 2019 Rebel has this same issue. I believe it’s a vibration coming from the skid plate surrounding the gas tank.

It sounds as if you still have it. Have you taken it to the dealership to have them find a solution?

edgarrian

Reaction score

I hand washed my truck the other day and I noticed with the mudflats that I had installed at the time of purchase are open ended. Basically they fill up with with debris. Since I use it for work in North Dakota the pockets filled with gravel. So I washed out the gravel. Since doing that I have not heard that weird little vibration sounds that I was complaining about.

Users who are viewing this thread