5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1000 Mile Update

RockJock

Reaction score
Hey all, here's how things have been for my first 1000 miles.

USB port 2 under the 12" screen won't handle data transfer. Charge only. Dealer will replace.

Passenger side RamBox lid over flush with bed side and leaks in the car wash. Dealer adjusted lid. Still overflush and leaking, not as bad. Next step will be to replace the lid.

I should have gotten the MFT 🤣 I started hauling things yesterday. All it took was one load to wish I had the MFT and better access to the bed. On the same topic, I'll be ordering the fold away bed step right quick. I always took the corner bumper cut outs in my GMC Sierra for granted. Much easier to get in and out with a lower step.

I've had a few software glitches (status bar comfort controls disappear, key fob didn't put truck in easy entry mode, can't remember what else) Most are "fixed" but rebooting the radio or an ignition cycle.

Sometimes the album art on SiriusXM doesn't show up. It'll just be a generic SXM logo where the album art should be. It started a few days ago. Not sure if it's on my end or if it's a problem with SXM.

Recently Eco mode (cylinder deactivation) doesn't want to engage when I have the cruise set on the highway. It works at city driving speeds. If I override the cruise with a quick bump to the accelerator it'll engage for a second then the Eco light turns off. I don't know if it's a problem or if the truck is just saying "hey, conditions aren't met for Eco right now"

I can't get services activated. I don't even know what services. I press "activate services" under apps and it comes up with an error.

My software version is 21c6 or some variation of those characters. I don't think that's the newest version, but I haven't received any update prompts.

I guess those are the only issues. I love the truck. Very comfortable on the road. Adaptive cruise is one of my favorite features. I use the RamBox every day.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lots of stuff leaks in carwashes under that heavy pressure. Realistically, auto car washes are terrible for your paint/finish anyway. Even the "touchless" ones. In the heavy rain, my ramboxes don't leak and even the bed cover is pretty water tight. I get a few drops into the bed where the tailgate is, but nothing big.

The MFT has been a HUGE help. I don't want another truck without it.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can't get services activated. I don't even know what services. I press "activate services" under apps and it comes up with an error.
Same. I called through the truck and they told me if I can see everything in the app, it's working as it should. Wondering why it keeps telling me I need to activate it and that the eco coaching stuff doesn't work without it. Probably take it into the dealer at some point, but it's annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread