5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100 miles and she’s already rattling

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Picked up my ‘22 Limited last weekend, and maybe it’s my hyper sensitive ears overthinking everything as it’s a brand new vehicle, but I seem to be getting a rattle and weird vibration in the overhead console where all the dual pano controls are when hitting certain speeds and sometimes going over bumps. Is this a common area for rattles to occur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven't read any complaints about that. Mine is rattle free after 3000 miles

Fatherof3

Reaction score
Although I don't have a limited I do have the pano roof with the overhead console and after 18k there are no rattles .

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up my ‘22 Limited last weekend, and maybe it’s my hyper sensitive ears overthinking everything as it’s a brand new vehicle, but I seem to be getting a rattle and weird vibration in the overhead console where all the dual pano controls are when hitting certain speeds and sometimes going over bumps. Is this a common area for rattles to occur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That could be an easy fix. You can remove two bolts in the sunglass compartment of the overhead console and then pull down on the console to remove it. There are videos on YouTube you might consult to get a visual of how it is done. Pulling it down you may find the issues and fix it yourself. One never knows what it is and it might be as simple as a piece of excess plastic rattling around or a wire tapping on the inside of the roof that could be taped and problem fixed. Or take it to the dealer but be prepared to leave it there for a day or two...or three.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
That could be an easy fix. You can remove two bolts in the sunglass compartment of the overhead console and then pull down on the console to remove it. There are videos on YouTube you might consult to get a visual of how it is done. Pulling it down you may find the issues and fix it yourself. One never knows what it is and it might be as simple as a piece of excess plastic rattling around or a wire tapping on the inside of the roof that could be taped and problem fixed. Or take it to the dealer but be prepared to leave it there for a day or two...or three.
The overhead panel with the pano sunroof doesn't have a sunglass compartment. I haven't looked at how to remove mine, but I'm sure it's not too difficult.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I'll be damned. I just found out something new after owning my truck for 5 months. Lol
Good to know you finally found it. I was starting to get worried the sunglass compartment was another casualty of the chip shortage...along with roofs, steering wheels, doors, and eventually windshields! ;)

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
By the way, if that sunglass compartment shocked you, don't look under the truck or you'll be stumped. There is one under each side. I actually had a coworker who came over to the house to look at my truck ask my why I had two oil filters on the truck. I asked what he was talking about and he pointed out one of these under each side.

Attachments

• Active Noise Cancellation Units.jpg
    Active Noise Cancellation Units.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 43

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
By the way, if that sunglass compartment shocked you, don't look under the truck or you'll be stumped. There is one under each side. I actually had a coworker who came over to the house to look at my truck ask my why I had two oil filters on the truck. I asked what he was talking about and he pointed out one of these under each side.
That's the device that cancels out road vibrations which lessens the road noise you hear inside the cab.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Limited has a intermittent rattling noise somewhere either behind the shift knob or where that lower part of the dash meets the center console. Been searching for it for months now. Some days it does it and some days, not.

Users who are viewing this thread