5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1" vs 2" Lift - Opinions and pics?

braddgibbo

Reaction score
Hi everyone -

New member here from the great white north of Canada and proud new owner of new 2022 Ram 1500 Sport Crew 5.7. Traded from a 2021 2500 Hemi 6.4 as no longer towing our fifth wheel...

I'm wanting to go with a slight lift (nothing crazy) and looking for opinions and pictures of your 5th gens to help me please! I did do a search, but finding it hard to locate pics to compare 1 vs 2" with factory rake. Want to keep close to factory rake and leaning toward a set of 4 Bilstein 5100s, with 1" lift front and rear (or possibly 1.5" in front with 1" rear). Im also considering swapping out the front and rear springs for a set of (longer) coils from the factory offroad pkg (ORP) which I believe gives a 1" lift front and rear.

Looking for feedback - what does 1" lift look like vs 2" with factory rake? How does 1" vs 2" impact fuel economy? Any other considerations or advice on the Bilsteins 5100s for achieving the lift vs swapping springs?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread