5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#1 Rated Ceramic Coating - Black Friday Sale!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you have never used Avalon King, you are missing out. This is not a spray that will only last 6 months tops. It is a true ceramic coating that's super easy to do DIY, anyone can use and lasts a minimum of 2-years with a 2-year guarantee. Highly recommend. I just bought two more bottles.

www.avalonking.com

Ram_702

Reaction score
If you have never used Avalon King, you are missing out. This is not a spray that will only last 6 months tops. It is a true ceramic coating that's super easy to do DIY, anyone can use and lasts a minimum of 2-years with a 2-year guarantee. Highly recommend. I just bought two more bottles.

www.avalonking.com
How much do you need for a Ram 1500 Crewcab? Also, how long did it take you to do it? I am considering for my new truck. Any issues applying to a brand new vehicle like factory clearcoat? TIA!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
How much do you need for a Ram 1500 Crewcab? Also, how long did it take you to do it? I am considering for my new truck. Any issues applying to a brand new vehicle like factory clearcoat? TIA!
I would buy the 2 pack to be safe as it's only $99. You need to prep the vehicle by removing all wax. You can use alcohol or purchase the prep from Avalon King in a spray bottle. That will take about 10-15 minutes tops. You then wash the truck very well with a quality soap or dawn dishwashing liquid to totally degrease and ensure all wax is removed. You may also want to use an iron remover like Iron-X before the wash to get rid of any rail or brake dust in the paint. Once the vehicle is prepped, it shouldn't take longer than an hour or two to coat and buff the vehicle. For a vehicle the has paint issues, you would want to paint correct it first by using a good quality polish. If the paint is already in great shape, then paint correction isn't required.

There are a ton of videos on line, but it truly very easy to do and no need to spend $1500+ to have it "professionally" done when it's easy to DIY. Just my 2 cents.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Have this on my Cervelo bike frame….was a good test canvas, but really repels sweat, spit, monsoons on bike rack and anything I can throw at it when riding local roads. I applied it in the spring of 2020 and its still holding up after all of that and cleans up easy.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Always wanted to do this myself, but you do need a garage or solid cover so that you prevent and dust or degree back on paint and to keep it out of th elements for I believe 24-48hrs after coated.. anyone have a garage available I can borrow lol

rotts4u

Reaction score
I have coated many of my own cars and a few for others as well. It takes me a LONG day all day by myself to properly coat a Ram 1500 crew cab. There are a LOT of steps to do first. Here is the basic process for a new or like new truck without major swirls.

Wash
Iron X
Clay bar
Polish with DAO and a good swirl remover with NO FILLERS and NO SILICONE. I like Optimum Hyper Polish
Another Wash its a bad idea here just make sure the soap is coating safe. I like CarPro Reset but there are others.
Decontaminate the paint with a spray prep or IPA wipe Down.

After thats all done its pretty easy. If your vehicle has black trim its a good idea to tap that all off before coating.
Apply coating 1-2 coats depending on the brand. Some brands like Car Pro C Quartz want you to top that with GLISS. I know Avalon is a great product I just have not used it myself so I dont know if it is a one coat or two etc.

Then if needed spray down with the coating companies detail spray to help level and protect it until the coating fully cures. Most of us dont have UV curing lights so it needs to stay DRY for a few days to a week. If its sunny leave it outside as much as possible to accelerate the cure.

As I said its a LONG day to do it by yourself and right. At least for me I am almost 60yrs. The good news I did the exact process to my 2019 in Sept of 2019 and its still going strong. I only have about 18K miles on it so its not driven every day but I will get 3+ years out of it I think maybe more before eI have to re-coat it

Users who are viewing this thread