5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1" difference in height side to side with air suspension, 2021 Limited

Camelot

Reaction score
I noticed the other day that it looked like my 2021 Limited was leaning left when parked. I measured a few times the last couple of days and left rear (measuring at the bottom of the wheelhouse) is 1" lower on the left compared to the right. I did adjust the air suspension a few times to see if it evened out but it did not.

Left side measure 38.5" and the right side measure 39.5".

Anyone else with the same issue? My concern is uneven tire wear for start.

TXECOD

Reaction score
Talk to your dealer's service department. The ride height sensors can be calibrated in the system to change the height of the vehicle for level both side to side and front to back.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed the other day that it looked like my 2021 Limited was leaning left when parked. I measured a few times the last couple of days and left rear (measuring at the bottom of the wheelhouse) is 1" lower on the left compared to the right. I did adjust the air suspension a few times to see if it evened out but it did not.

Left side measure 38.5" and the right side measure 39.5".

Anyone else with the same issue? My concern is uneven tire wear for start.
Did you check to make sure your tires are aired up the same (and have the same tread thickness)? Seems like the issue would be below the suspension, if the system is auto-leveling everything.

I suppose you could also try swapping the links from left to right, and see if it changes anything. Not sure why it would, unless the links are different sizes. You never know, maybe they gave you a front link on one side (at the rear)...I've heard of scarier things coming from the factory.

Camelot

Reaction score
Tires have exactly the same pressure and its only 1,500 miles on the truck so no difference in that area.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Measure it again when the low fuel light comes on. Also, take a measurement from the frame to the ground, the body can be a little crooked sometimes

Choate

Reaction score
My new to me 26k mile big horn non ORP is like this. I think it’s bc it’s got a full tank of fuel. The passenger side is almost 1” higher front and rear than the drivers side. And on the drivers side the rear is about 1.5” rake instead of a full 2” on the passenger side which makes sense with 26 gallons of fuel in the rear on that side. Any updates OP?

Camelot

Reaction score
They recalibrated the suspension and now its perfectly aligned. Equal Hight left and right. Easy and quick fix.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They recalibrated the suspension and now its perfectly aligned. Equal Hight left and right. Easy and quick fix.
Can you post a copy of your service order that shows exactly what they did and/ or how they coded it please?

Users who are viewing this thread