5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1/2 wheel spacer

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Has anyone ran a 1/2 wheel Spacer like this
I already have the .25 spacers but still have rub on UCA on tight corners at higher speeds so I thought I would try these out before the next step of getting new rims. Just wondering if they fit on factory studs and still enough thread left to be safe?
Thanks

BostonBLS

Reaction score
You’d most likely lose the hub centric-ness if you did a 1/2” spacer and might not have enough thread engagement. Better off going with a 1”-1.25” hub centric spacer. You’d need at least that so the studs will fit in the stock wheel pockets.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3/8” spacer is the most you can go without needing longer studs

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any problems with wheel balance using those 6mm spacers?
I've been considering a set to correct the scrub radius after increasing my tire diameter. Not that I've had any issues or can even tell a difference in handling, but I like to keep everything as close to stock spec as I can. I'd technically need a 3/8 spacer get it the same, but using a 1/4 allows the hub to engage the wheel and I think the 3/8 would be pushing it.
I was just wondering if a spacer that isn't centered on the hub is causing any vibrations.

Last edited:

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Any problems with wheel balance using those 6mm spacers?
I've been considering a set to correct the scrub radius after increasing my tire diameter. Not that I've had any issues or can even tell a difference in handling, but I like to keep everything as close to stock spec as I can. I'd technically need a 3/8 spacer get it the same, but using a 1/4 allows the hub to engage the wheel and I think the 3/8 would be pushing it.
I was just wondering if a spacer that isn't centered on the hub is causing any vibrations.
I never had any problems. The Spacer is still centered on the studs

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I figured they had them drilled close enough to keep it from being too loose, but I wasn't sure if that was going to be close enough. Good to hear.
I actually ordered a set yesterday anticipating that. I figured they were returnable if you said they were difficult to keep balance with them on.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just put the spacer on my truck. There's a little play due to the clearance of the holes. I would have preferred the center be the same size as the hub, but then they couldn't market them to multiple vehicles and would probably cost at least double what they do.
I'll be sure to update if it effects balance. Maybe I'm just expecting to feel a change so I'm imagining I do, but it seems that the minor correction to the scrub radius has helped. It's a small thing, and a very minor adjustment but after installing the tires it felt "heavy" to turn at slow speeds. With these on it seems to be back to the normal feel.
No visual difference of course, because 1/4" is minute, but in the land of angles even minute measures matter.

Users who are viewing this thread