5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1-1/2” rear spacer lift help

MarkB67

Reaction score
Is it necessary to change shocks in the rear when doing a 1-1/2” rear coil lift ?

RainDesert

Reaction score
No I have one installed now with factory shocks. After putting in the spacers I wish I would have gone with the 1.5" springs. I get some noise out of the aluminum spacers.

MarkB67

Reaction score
No I have one installed now with factory shocks. After putting in the spacers I wish I would have gone with the 1.5" springs. I get some noise out of the aluminum spacers.
Thanks man

Zoompastu

Reaction score
With your 5100’s in the front it will ride much better with matching shocks in the rear. I ran the icon springs on my last truck and they were fantastic. Since they are dual rate they ride 25% softer with no load in the bed. But if there is payload or towing it is 75% stiffer, it doesn’t hardly squat at all. I put 30 rolls of sod in the bed and the truck was pretty much level. I had 5100s front and rear.

RainDesert

Reaction score
Towing my skid steer the squat is more than I want. Good to hear a report for the dual rates. Thanks

Zoompastu

Reaction score
Towing my skid steer the squat is more than I want. Good to hear a report for the dual rates. Thanks
I loved them and the more I think about it the more my mind is made up to stick with 5100s front 5160s rear and icon rear springs with icon upper control arms. I have the ORP.

RainDesert

Reaction score
Is there a particular length 5160 you recommend for the rear? I wish they offered a plus 2" spring but I called and they don't. So, I might put a 1/2" spacer under the icon... T I A

Zoompastu

Reaction score
5160 is what I want to run this time around. It’s range is 0 to 1.5 inches. 5100s have a range of 0 to 1 inch. So on my last set up the springs only raised the rear 1 inch not the advertised 1.5 icon claims. Is it possible I messed up by having those shocks paired with those springs restricting them to 1 inch…? It’s possible. Didn’t seem a lot of guys run the springs and I found another forum post that also Reported 1 inch in the rear gained but I don’t know what shocks they were running.
So even if you only get an inch in the rear your plan of adding a half inch spacer is perfect paired with 5160s. And it’s possible we may find out you get the full 1.5”... We’re just gonna have to try and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread