5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1/0 amp kit

Jopipe17

Reaction score
Whats up was wondering if anyone has installed a system in there 5th gen Ram 1500 and used 1/0 ofc wire for there installs. Was it tight or tough running the 1/0 wire in the truck to the amps? Heard it was kind of tight running it inside the cab along the race ways like you normal run your amp kits in vehicles. Is there any particular brand that might work better or which brands did you go with? I been looking at Gp car audio wire for my install but know it's a little stiffer than most but still flexible. Thanks alot for the help

805myth1

Reaction score
I used that exact same 1/0 wire for my system. It wasn’t too difficult to run along the door sills and I even had room to run 14 gauge wires from dash and door speakers with the 1/0 wire.

Jopipe17

Reaction score
I used that exact same 1/0 wire for my system. It wasn’t too difficult to run along the door sills and I even had room to run 14 gauge wires from dash and door speakers with the 1/0 wire.

Cool so you used the GP car audio 1/0 amp kit for your system? There's so many different kits but I think long is its 100%ofc wire it should be good. I was jus curious cuse few people told me they had to run 1/0 under there truck which I didn't really wanna do. Where did you attach your ground in the back? Thanks alot

805myth1

Reaction score
I didn’t use a kit from them, just the 1/0 power wire. There are a few grounding studs near the back wall, I just sanded off the paint around them, then sprayed it with clear.

Jopipe17

Reaction score
I didn’t use a kit from them, just the 1/0 power wire. There are a few grounding studs near the back wall, I just sanded off the paint around them, then sprayed it with clear.

That's what's up, yeah that's what I was concerned about if the Gp 1/0 wire (power wire) would be a problem running it through the door Seals. There wire looks like some good wire, but if you didn't have a problem I'm good then. What kind of system you running sub wise and amp.

805myth1

Reaction score
My audio system’s details are in my signature. But it has changed over time. Right now I’m running a sort of modified 3 way for the front stage, with a super tweeter in the center of the dash, 3” mid range in the dash corners and 6.5” mid bass in the door. And only a single 12” for the bass. Before I had a Taramps 3K Bass amp with dual 10’s.

D4290062-C90B-48C0-B9BE-E4A7BC4FD35E.jpeg

Brunzca

Reaction score
I used the NVX 1/0 OFC kit. a few pros i Asked said it could be run through the door sills, but under the cab was the way to go, so that’s how I have it run. I had an installer do it, since I wasn’t comfortable drilling into the body. They brought it up on the passenger side, near the rear wall, through an existing hole.

Jopipe17

Reaction score
I used the NVX 1/0 OFC kit. a few pros i Asked said it could be run through the door sills, but under the cab was the way to go, so that’s how I have it run. I had an installer do it, since I wasn’t comfortable drilling into the body. They brought it up on the passenger side, near the rear wall, through an existing hole.

Cool, yeah I asked a few of the shops close to me and they said they run 1/0 inside the cabs so hopefully when I bring it to them they don't tell me they need to drill a hole and come underneath. Jus fill more comfortable my wire being inside my cab. That's why I was debating on the gp car audio wire cuse I know it's a little stiffer than some others and thought it would cause a problem being ran inside the door seals. But another guy said he had the 1/0 gp audio wire ran inside his cab with plenty room. Either way I gotta get that 1/0 to my amp lol thanks for the help appreciate it

Brunzca

Reaction score
Cool, yeah I asked a few of the shops close to me and they said they run 1/0 inside the cabs so hopefully when I bring it to them they don't tell me they need to drill a hole and come underneath. Jus fill more comfortable my wire being inside my cab. That's why I was debating on the gp car audio wire cuse I know it's a little stiffer than some others and thought it would cause a problem being ran inside the door seals. But another guy said he had the 1/0 gp audio wire ran inside his cab with plenty room. Either way I gotta get that 1/0 to my amp lol thanks for the help appreciate it
No worries. I’m not concerned about mine being outside, just fyi. I have sheathing around it to protect it from rocks, etc. i was planning to run speed wire from the stock amp to rear wall, but not 100% two of them will fit in the sills after having it apart, so may end up running those under the carpet when I get the dsp.

Jopipe17

Reaction score
No worries. I’m not concerned about mine being outside, just fyi. I have sheathing around it to protect it from rocks, etc. i was planning to run speed wire from the stock amp to rear wall, but not 100% two of them will fit in the sills after having it apart, so may end up running those under the carpet when I get the dsp.

10/4 yeah either way I'm gonna have to get my 1/0 to my amp lol so if my local shop happens to tell me they have to go underneath so be it ill jus do like you did and make damn sure I put some kind of wire loom over the wire.

Users who are viewing this thread