5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

0% Financing thru Chrysler and Rebate Question

Paultg

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered. Working on a deal for a 2019 Big Horn 1500 in New England.
Dealer is telling me if I do the 0% for 72m that the rebate goes away. Truck is currently 18% off MSRP with dealer discount and chrysler rebates.
just trying to understand if that true and what others experienced.
I have good credit and rates are still low. Just wondering if it’s because it’s a leftover 2019 and not a 2020?

Paul G.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered. Working on a deal for a 2019 Big Horn 1500 in New England.
Dealer is telling me if I do the 0% for 72m that the rebate goes away. Truck is currently 18% off MSRP with dealer discount and chrysler rebates.
just trying to understand if that true and what others experienced.
I have good credit and rates are still low. Just wondering if it’s because it’s a leftover 2019 and not a 2020?

Paul G.

Dealer is correct that factory rebates go away and can't be combined with the 0% deal. His dealer discount can still be applied of course and I'm still not sure about certain TDMs and others like USAA, Military, etc.

Paultg

Reaction score
Ok thanks for quick reply. I don’t qualify for any of those other small rebates, we did go through them. He did say there might be an additional rebate for financing. Waiting for call back to see what they can do on truck price and finance options. I can get 2.9% for 65m via my credit union.

U

User_3336

Rebates ALL DEPEND on your region. Its not true that there are NO rebates if you finance with 0%, simply not the fact.
You will get A LOT LESS in rebates if you finance, but sometimes there ARE rebates.

Here are the rebates if you finance here.

This is WITH 0% for 60 months, there is still $2250 in rebates, versus the 5250 in a regular finance contract.

GET UP TO $2,250 Cash Allowance ON A 2019 RAM 1500 BIG HORN / LONE STAR CREW CAB 4X2 5'7" BOX

Southeast 2019 Retail Bonus Cash SECKA1[1]$500
Chrysler Capital 2019 Bonus Cash 44CKB3[2]$500
Southeast 2019 Bonus Cash SECKA[3]$500
Southeast Memorial Day Bonus Cash SECK2W[4]$750
Total Cash Allowance$2,250

Paultg

Reaction score
Got it. In my neck of the woods it’s advertised at 0% for 72m only. I even checked the Chrysler finance website.
Truck is discounted -$5800 from dealer and -$4000 from manf. I feel like that is pretty good to start. Just need to figure out if they will move any further in dealer discount to offset some of the fees or loan interest. Then decide.
I'm hoping that it being a 2019 it will work more in my favor.
Its not a color I would order but I can deal with it if the price is right. It has a lot of options I am looking for too.

J48

Reaction score
Ran into the same issue with mine last week. I drove 100 mi to a dealership that had THE truck I wanted. Got there and they explained the 0% OR rebates. Got the truck anyways and drove home, only to see a new advertisement from local shops doing BOTH - NOT OR. :mad:

Such is life.

Paultg

Reaction score
Ran into the same issue with mine last week. I drove 100 mi to a dealership that had THE truck I wanted. Got there and they explained the 0% OR rebates. Got the truck anyways and drove home, only to see a new advertisement from local shops doing BOTH - NOT OR. :mad:

Such is life.
Bummer but congrats on finding the truck you want. Enjoy it!
The dealers here say it’s Chrysler. They still offer their dealer discount. They just say Chrysler will do the additional cash back OR the financing. Be nice if that was bit more clear up front.

Reactions: J48
U

User_3336

5800 is a good dealer discount. Unless they are desperate to get rid of this truck, I couldn't see them giving any more off.

I've never seen 4000 in rebates with the 0%.

Got it. In my neck of the woods it’s advertised at 0% for 72m only. I even checked the Chrysler finance website.
Truck is discounted -$5800 from dealer and -$4000 from manf. I feel like that is pretty good to start. Just need to figure out if they will move any further in dealer discount to offset some of the fees or loan interest. Then decide.
I'm hoping that it being a 2019 it will work more in my favor.
Its not a color I would order but I can deal with it if the price is right. It has a lot of options I am looking for too.

U

User_3336

You can always check the rebates on the RAMTRUCKS.COM website. If will tell you right off whether there are any additional finance rebates, even with 0%.

Just like dealers always used to scream IF YOU LEASE, there are no rebates. WRONG!

Paultg

Reaction score

Such is life.
I was thinking about your situation. I wonder if you can refinance with Chrysler and still get the 0%? Might be worth making a call to Chrysler financial, if your current loan isn’t with them already. Prob cost a small fee?

Reactions: J48
U

User_3336

Chrysler Capital is actually Santander Consumer, USA. Good luck in doing that.

I was thinking about your situation. I wonder if you can refinance with Chrysler and still get the 0%? Might be worth making a call to Chrysler financial, if your current loan isn’t with them already. Prob cost a small fee?

Paultg

Reaction score
That truck is going to be almost 2 years old when you sign the documents.
Yup. I actually prefer that. The insurance and town/state registration will be less expensive. And it’s the same truck as a 2020. I can’t find a 2020 with all the same options either. - Paul G.

STR

Reaction score
Yes, correct. It’s either, or... not both, which would’ve been nice.

Users who are viewing this thread