5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“Vehicle Not In Park” Message

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
A few days ago I went to back my 2019 Limited (31,500 miles) out of the driveway and upon putting in Reverse the tranny would not engage and the R just blinked on the rotary shifter. I then tried turning it to Drive and same thing just a blinking D. I then tried going to Park (which was possible and tried turning the vehicle off, but on the EVIC the message popped up “Vehicle Not in Park”. It would not allow the push button ignition to go to “Off”, but the engine did actually turn off. I went through sequence again and same results. This time though I see an additional message come up on EVIC while shifting “Electronic Stability Control Failure”. So then I tried to turn the vehicle Off again, but the truck only remains in “ACC” or if I push again it starts back up.. So I had to unhook the battery to get the ignition to “Off”. Tried again about 20 minutes later and same issue. This time I left battery connected while it remained in “ACC” and eventually the battery drained. The next day I recharged the battery for about 3 hours and retried. This time the truck started to act normal so I took advantage of this and drove it straight to dealer to avoid a tow. The next morning the dealer went to diagnose the vehicle and the issue did reoccurr for them. After 3 days in shop now they are saying the valve body in transmission needs replaced and are waiting for Mopar to approve the repair under warranty. Has anyone else had this sequence of events? If so could you share your outcomes. It seems the dealer has never seen this sort of behavior. It is very unnerving because the truck is completely dead in the water when it goes in this state.

Last edited:

MrMisk

Reaction score
Haven’t seen this issue come in the shop yet. But anything is possible. Let them do what they think. Hopefully the part isn’t on a long back order or wait time. We get a lot of parts that need to be ordered with no ETA.

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
Haven’t seen this issue come in the shop yet. But anything is possible. Let them do what they think. Hopefully the part isn’t on a long back order or wait time. We get a lot of parts that need to be ordered with no ETA.
As a follow up the dealership did replace the valve body following approval from Ram as a warranty repair. Additionally they reflashed the TCM and PCM per any relevant TSB’s. So far so good after about 5 days.

m.hamner

Reaction score
This is good information. Let us know how it goes - God forbid it should reoccur and hopefully you're all set.

Users who are viewing this thread