5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“Heavy” Throttle pedal = back pain

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would just like to mention the thickness of your wallet could play a role. I know that removing my wallet has helped me on long drives.
I cleaned my wallet down to a ridge wallet ( the small ones everyone sees on facebook) and it goes in my front pocket. If I'm driving long distance, everything comes out of my pocket and goes in the console, but moving away from a rear pocket wallet is something I should have done forever ago.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cleaned my wallet down to a ridge wallet ( the small ones everyone sees on facebook) and it goes in my front pocket. If I'm driving long distance, everything comes out of my pocket and goes in the console, but moving away from a rear pocket wallet is something I should have done forever ago.
Yup!
I use a money clip with 1 credit card, drivers license & 1 Benjamin.
Wallet is buried deep in the center console.

Casull

Reaction score
It's an electronic drive by wire. Not sure if there is a spring on the gas pedal that could be replaced or not. Setting cruise is your best bet. I use cruise any chance I can.

As other have mentioned, seat position might play a part. Some have gotten good results from adding the desert does it seat jackers to get more tilt, others have found mess tilt helps. Just need rokokay around and see what works best for you

Any easy fixes to create less tilt?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any easy fixes to create less tilt?
If you have power seats, adjust the back up. If not, you can maybe stack some washers under the rear seat mounts.

Casull

Reaction score
If you have power seats, adjust the back up. If not, you can maybe stack some washers under the rear seat mounts.

Power driver seat, but the problem is with wife's seat. The washer idea may have some merit. I hadn't thought about raising the rear. I'll have to give that a try.

Casull

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea if the seat jackers can be used at the back of seat base instead of the front?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea if the seat jackers can be used at the back of seat base instead of the front?
They do have some for the rear for some applications, but I don't think they have them for Rams.

RAM_Davis

Reaction score
I would just like to mention the thickness of your wallet could play a role. I know that removing my wallet has helped me on long drives.
Stop putting your wallet in your back pocket altogether. I'm 42. My dad did it so i did it. I have been fortunate to be in good health except one area.. sciatica in my right side. I also work a desk job for 16 years. About 5 years ago i stopped carrying my wallet in back and it's all but disappeared.

Davidbt

Reaction score
I worked construction trades bro. Didn't set on my *** all day until I became a heavy equipment operator. My Dad drove truck and that's where I learned about having a fat wallet in your back pocket. I also drove truck part time and always took my wallet out and had it accessible when I needed it. I'm retired now and unless I'm driving long distance, my wallet is in my hip pocket.

minilowz

Reaction score
Barely need to even touch the pedal if you use a Pedal Commander on Sport +4.
That said good luck taking turns from a complete stop without spinning in a circle LOL.

Have you considered you left foot?
My body wasn't feeling good on long trips without a dead pedal. I ended up putting one in and now it's way better, I can put lots of weight on my left foot and just let my right foot pivot on the pedal.
What did you use for a dead pedal? I've had multiple foot/ankle surgeries, and have had this truck about a month, and my left foot is killing me, because of no where to rest it, I've been looking at modifying one from a Wrangler.

Thanks

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
What did you use for a dead pedal? I've had multiple foot/ankle surgeries, and have had this truck about a month, and my left foot is killing me, because of no where to rest it, I've been looking at modifying one from a Wrangler.

Thanks
Unfortunately you are not able to mount any on the market as far as I can tell.
I tried to jimmy rid something together but there's too much crap at least on my Limited on the left side, or even the firewall area where your feet are.

I use this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B67V8CB4/
1701720284315.jpeg
1701720312313.jpeg

But this also works too
1701720117339.jpeg
1701720143149.jpeg

The first one fits better in my floor mat as the bottom is longer without a curve.

1701720336225.jpeg

minilowz

Reaction score
Thank You! yes, these were a few I was looking at modifying to work as well. Just bolted to floor mat?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thank You! yes, these were a few I was looking at modifying to work as well. Just bolted to floor mat?
It actually sits in the crease that keeps it fro moving, and I torqued the screws on the top back so my natural weight of my foot keeps it down.

I would think to attach the screws through the floor mat going up yes but I have had decent luck with it not moving so I just never bothered.

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
I have similar problem, I think it is the seat adjustment/need for a pad .I do both but what seems to work best is take a break about ever hour and a half. I drive tractor trailer ltl and it doesn't effect me but my RAM does, I figure it's because I get out of the truck multiple times per day.

Users who are viewing this thread