5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Came out pretty good, only reason I ever bought the trailer is it was dirt cheap and had a lunette ring on the front so I could get me a cool looking pintle hitch lol. I flipped the ring mount over so it would level out pretty close to the Jeep. And yes, rustoleum tractor red is a little different then flame red.
looks good pretty cool , I’m not mad at it!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice job, I have admired your setup for awhile now. I did a covid project overland trailer with RTT, sink, onboard water, grill, lighting, and a torsion axle with Rubicon rims and 35s
i'd totally build a trailer if we do more "basecamp" style of camping.
Still want to build one though but leaning more towards a Fuso 4x4 habitat conversion these days...

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Started with an old Atlas Copco air compressor trailer, chopped off the back, added Willys tailgate, moved the axle up, put in a floor, made fenders, frame, etc. maybe I'll put up a build thread in the offroad section, got some wheel adaptors so I could run rubi wheels and put the same tires that are on the Jeep. Has a Smittybuilt Overlander II tent on top with an awning off the other side where the slide out gas grill is
View attachment 182893 View attachment 182894 View attachment 182895 View attachment 182896 View attachment 182897 View attachment 182898
looks good!
welding is something I need to practice more lol i cut better than i weld :LOL:

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced front and rear differential fluids along with transfer case fluid. I used Mopar fluids as per manual.
At 35k miles, it was not necessary but since I have a cross country trip over summer (7k miles round trip) I figured now would be a good time to do that.
I see in the manual the transfer case maintenance interval is 100k miles. What is the interval for the differentials? 30k miles?

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
I see in the manual the transfer case maintenance interval is 100k miles. What is the interval for the differentials? 30k miles?
No idea.
Regarding transfer case fluid. When i drained it, i got about 1.5 quarts out. I refilled 2 quarts.
It looks like it was low, maybe under-filled from factory?
I had been having intermittent issues switching between 2wd, 4wd auto, 4wd high. It was very slow at switching. Used to blink 3-4 times then switch, the process would take 2-3 seconds.
After replacing the fluid it only blinks once and switches in less than a second.
I replaced the transfer case fluid to see if that would make a difference, and it looks like it did.
While i was at it i figured why not do front and rear differentials.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So file is 17gb in size, Info says that RAM needs FAT32 USB,(For Fiat or RAM a FAT32 formatting is required.) but FAT32 limit is 4gb "FAT32 supports files up to 4 GB in size, and partitions up to 2 TB. The maximum file size in FAT32 is 4,294,967,295 bytes, which is one byte less than four gigabytes".
What language are you speaking? 🤣

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing exciting but maintenance.. last week overdo oil change via dealer in the area i’m currently working.. walked the lot while I waitd hoping maybe they’ve a 25 to get a closer look at nothing.

Today I swapped cabin air filter like I typically do in the spring but switched to a K&N washable. Also swapped the air filter (stock box) w/ a reusable AEM filter.

Added this just to give me a spot for either my wallet or keyfob when its not clipped on me. Cheap and effective.

TTCR-II for Ram 1500 Door Side... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099WDLND5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
So file is 17gb in size, Info says that RAM needs FAT32 USB,(For Fiat or RAM a FAT32 formatting is required.) but FAT32 limit is 4gb "FAT32 supports files up to 4 GB in size, and partitions up to 2 TB. The maximum file size in FAT32 is 4,294,967,295 bytes, which is one byte less than four gigabytes".
That file is not really a file but a package containing multiple files that is why the single file size limit does not apply to this instance. It is treated like a folder/directory

Users who are viewing this thread