5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it normal for new tires to look like this?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Clean them. If they look like that again in a few days well then you might have a problem. I’m betting they’ll do the same before replacing them.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So what's the consensus, would you have them replace them?
Hard to tell from photo, but looks like significant wear also.

Get tread depth of new tires from tire website and measure yours, or have them do it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Second, closer look at the tires, this are not new tires. They dont have the "nubs" on them that s new tire would. Wondering if they were old "spare" tires removed from mother vehicles.
So what's the consensus, would you have them replace them?

sessman

Reaction score
Second, closer look at the tires, this are not new tires. They dont have the "nubs" on them that s new tire would. Wondering if they were old "spare" tires removed from mother vehicles.
Wow this is crazy. Literally purchased brand new from dealer. Can you show me example of the nubs? I am going to demand they order me new tires ASAP.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow this is crazy. Literally purchased brand new from dealer. Can you show me example of the nubs? I am going to demand they order me new tires ASAP.
I edited my last post. I bet if you have them measure tread depth and compare to what it supposed to be…. they have no argument.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
No wonder why you got such a "good deal" LOL. They gave you used tires. If it's too good at the dealership to seem true then...

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your original pics show wear, the other pics of manufacturer dates do not show wear. Are those different tires in pics?

sessman

Reaction score
Here are pics of all 4 tires.

Also, I just drove to the dealer and spoke with the service advisor. He agreed with me that these do not look new and is ordering me new tires.

Really appreciate everyone's feedback that encouraged me to push back on these being acceptable.

Attachments

• PXL_20240430_185436346.jpg
    PXL_20240430_185436346.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 42
  • PXL_20240430_185448495.jpg
    PXL_20240430_185448495.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 42
  • PXL_20240430_185458233.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240430_185458233.MP.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20240430_185506987.jpg
    PXL_20240430_185506987.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 42

sessman

Reaction score
Your original pics show wear, the other pics of manufacturer dates do not show wear. Are those different tires in pics?
Posted above
No wonder why you got such a "good deal" LOL. They gave you used tires. If it's too good at the dealership to seem true then...
I can't imagine it was intentional. Not sure how it happened but they're making it right. I'll be sure to get eyes on the new tires before they put them on. What else can you do, that's life.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea I think they tried to pull one over on you. The price was a give away also in your other post.

sessman

Reaction score
Yea I think they tried to pull one over on you. The price was a give away also in your other post.
Not sure I agree, RAM dealerships can't legally go rogue to intentionally deceive a customer or sell them used products as new. That's a bit too "conspiracy theory" for me. If you google RAM Michelin Deal the first sponsored image that comes up is the buy 3 get 1 free deal (see below). Also, they had no issues ordering me new ones, doesn't seem worth the effort on the part of the service advisor (hourly employee with nothing to gain) to try and pull one over on me.

All that to be said, who knows?

1714506011045.png

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure I agree, RAM dealerships can't legally go rogue to intentionally deceive a customer or sell them used products as new. That's a bit too "conspiracy theory" for me. If you google RAM Michelin Deal the first sponsored image that comes up is the buy 3 get 1 free deal (see below). Also, they had no issues ordering me new ones, doesn't seem worth the effort on the part of the service advisor (hourly employee with nothing to gain) to try and pull one over on me.

View attachment 182308

Smells like fish.

Oldphart

Reaction score
I bet those were on a demo truck and were pulled off so the demo could be sold with new tires. The ad doesn't seem to specify new tires although one would assume they would be. Check your invoice.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

View attachment 182308
Dealerships are privately owned businesses and do whatever the hell they want if you really want to get into it.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealerships are privately owned businesses and do whatever the hell they want if you really want to get into it.
There have been stories of TRUCKS sold as “new”, and later found out they were wrecked / damaged trucks and repaired.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bet those were on a demo truck and were pulled off so the demo could be sold with new tires. The ad doesn't seem to specify new tires although one would assume they would be. Check your invoice.
I don't think Ram would have Michelin tires on a demo. The 22" wheels all have Perelli or Goodyear from the factory.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
There have been stories of TRUCKS sold as “new”, and later found out they were wrecked / damaged trucks and repaired.
Lots of businesses go by the motto "it isn't illegal unless you get caught"
I don't think Ram would have Michelin tires on a demo. The 22" wheels all have Perelli or Goodyear from the factory.
It could of been a completely differnet car\truck.
No way for us to know, as long as OP gets what he paid for imo.

Users who are viewing this thread