5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 BH Door Lock Issues

Shiloh3245

Reaction score
Hello all, hope all is well.

I've been having some issues with my front passenger door look. Whenever I lock or unlock the door it double and some times triple lock as those it is stuck in place and is continuely trying to either lock or unlock. If I pull the interior door handle then it operates correctly until I lock or unlock the door then it starts it again. I took the door panel off and lock through the mechanism and could not find any issues. Has anyone else been having this issues.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all, hope all is well.

I've been having some issues with my front passenger door look. Whenever I lock or unlock the door it double and some times triple lock as those it is stuck in place and is continuely trying to either lock or unlock. If I pull the interior door handle then it operates correctly until I lock or unlock the door then it starts it again. I took the door panel off and lock through the mechanism and could not find any issues. Has anyone else been having this issues.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Sounds like the BCM is not getting a reliable feed back from the passenger door ajar switch circuit.
Or possibly the BCM could be at fault.
How deep are you willing to dig?

Shiloh3245

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. What would you suggest in terms of trouble shooting? I've looked in the door panel like I said but not sure what to troubleshoot next. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. What would you suggest in terms of trouble shooting? I've looked in the door panel like I said but not sure what to troubleshoot next. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
You might benefit from subscribing to alldatadiy.
They have detailed description of operation and troubleshooting procedures for everything in your truck.
Advanced DIY Automotive Repair | ALLDATA DIY

Users who are viewing this thread