5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Looks really clean. Any rub from the tires on stock rims pre spacers?
Pre spacer, slight rub in reverse at full lock. Zip tied to the fender liner back and that took care of it. But it does have the 2" mopar lift.
With the 2" spacer, that created -50mm of offset and the stock 22 rims being +19. ended up -30ish offset. So had to cut the back of the fender liner near the mudflap and remove factory mudflaps and that little metal tab that the inside bolt of the mud flap screws into. No rub at all. took me 2 hours, most of that time was spent putting the uchannel flare trim on and driving around listening for rub and fixing it.

Gren71

Reaction score
Bestop supertop installed

I use this while camping to haul my dogs along with us. Easy enough install, though I’ve learned to take my time with these things. I have the tonneau cover to use %95 of the time. I was less than impressed with it when it first came out. I got it for my Gladiator and the cover just never sat right. 🤞 it fits better since theyve updated it some.

IMG_3577.jpeg IMG_3576.jpeg IMG_3578.jpeg

Last edited:

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tighten up the lugnuts on my front driver side 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

If some of you recall, I recently replaced my driver side axle. Well, I got called out to work on Friday evening when I was almost done. So just threw it back together real quick and went to the call out.

Come Saturday evening, I took it apart again and finished tightening the axle. My kid was in the garage with me and between cleaning up and making sure my kid was good... well I forgot an important step..

We pulled the truck out, drove it around the block, clunk was gone. Parked it and washed it.

Drove it to work on Monday, all is good.

Drive it out again today and as I'm dropping off my daughter at school, I hear "clunk clunk clunk". I immediately became upset as I thought the axle was bad or my passenger side was taking a dump now.

Pull into my parents as soon as I drop my daughter off, less than a 1/4 mile awat from her school.

I look underneath and the axles look good... then it dawns on me... the damn wheel is loose. Sure enough, my lugs were loose, not finger loose but loose enough. Tightened them up, felt like an idiot, and clunks are all gone.

Feel free to bash me 😅🤦‍♂️

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn! Glad nothing worse and you caught it. Had a wheel fly off many moons ago and bounce off a big window and thankfully not go thru it. My friend "tightened" the lugs :oops::oops:

Yup, similar situation happened to me yeeeeears ago. Was taking Auto Classes at the community college, well another student "tightened" my lugs and brake caliper on my '98 Trans Am. Left the college and heard the same clunk, as I was pulling over my caliper slipped off and did a number on the inside of my American Racing Torq Thrust II whee. Boy, I was livid.

Probably the only reason I recognized the "clunk" sound and thought about the lugs today tho.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, similar situation happened to me yeeeeears ago. Was taking Auto Classes at the community college, well another student "tightened" my lugs and brake caliper on my '98 Trans Am. Left the college and heard the same clunk, as I was pulling over my caliper slipped off and did a number on the inside of my American Racing Torq Thrust II whee. Boy, I was livid.

Probably the only reason I recognized the "clunk" sound and thought about the lugs today tho.
I don't let anyone tighten mine and even after a rotation I check them.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tighten up the lugnuts on my front driver side 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

If some of you recall, I recently replaced my driver side axle. Well, I got called out to work on Friday evening when I was almost done. So just threw it back together real quick and went to the call out.

Come Saturday evening, I took it apart again and finished tightening the axle. My kid was in the garage with me and between cleaning up and making sure my kid was good... well I forgot an important step..

We pulled the truck out, drove it around the block, clunk was gone. Parked it and washed it.

Drove it to work on Monday, all is good.

Drive it out again today and as I'm dropping off my daughter at school, I hear "clunk clunk clunk". I immediately became upset as I thought the axle was bad or my passenger side was taking a dump now.

Pull into my parents as soon as I drop my daughter off, less than a 1/4 mile awat from her school.

I look underneath and the axles look good... then it dawns on me... the damn wheel is loose. Sure enough, my lugs were loose, not finger loose but loose enough. Tightened them up, felt like an idiot, and clunks are all gone.

Feel free to bash me 😅🤦‍♂️
that happens! at least it didn't come off when you're driving down the road.
always torque yo nuts!

A-TEAM

Reaction score
New beefed up front axles, front bilstein 5100 on clip 6, bilstein 5100 rear shocks and rear dual rate bilstein lift springs, powerstop brake kits front and rear, ppe trans pan and service. RC upper control arms. It was not a cheap day!

Attachments

• IMG_2142.jpeg
    IMG_2142.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2077.jpeg
    IMG_2077.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2078.jpeg
    IMG_2078.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2076.jpeg
    IMG_2076.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 104

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
New beefed up front axles, front bilstein 5100 on clip 6, bilstein 5100 rear shocks and rear dual rate bilstein lift springs, powerstop brake kits front and rear, ppe trans pan and service. RC upper control arms. It was not a cheap day!
Where are the axles from?

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you use your truck?

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
WHAT BRAKE KIT DID U GET? ANY NOTICEABLE ADVANTAGES OFF THE BAT ? I NEED TO GET NEW ROTORS SOON AND CHANGE THE PADS AND SEEN A REVIEW ON POWERSTOP KIT BUT I MIGHT JUST GET HAWK PADS AND OEM ROTORS

Last edited:

A-TEAM

Reaction score
Ill get back to you on the axle brand/part. They are upgraded, thicker shafts, and bigger CV joints. They are designed for severe duty and lifted applications. My oems were in bad shape. They were cracked, rusted, and loose on the splines. Shop that did the work recommended that I do them, especially with the lift. Glad I did, i have a video of how loose the old ones were, real bad shape.

Attachments

• IMG_2148.jpeg
    IMG_2148.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2145.jpeg
    IMG_2145.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2146.jpeg
    IMG_2146.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 67

Users who are viewing this thread