5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Widow SR650

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thats a plus still doesn’t justify the $100k+ asking price lol. I wonder what MSRP actually is without the bs dealer markup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MSRP was 73.5k for the truck itself not counting anything's else added. Prob another 15 maybe 20k TOPS? Not like you got to keep the old parts just swapouts. Those rims are prob cheaper then the OEM ones removed for example.

Would rather just get a TRX and have 30k leftover

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Instagram post announcing the SR650 shows a Whipple charger on the engine, so I'm going to double down on the SR650 means 650 HP. That's probably crank HP, so 550ish to the wheels.

255HP increase over stock? No way. You'd be lucky to get half of that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
255HP increase over stock? No way. You'd be lucky to get half of that.
Depends on what all is done to it. The 5.7 can make some power, and actually has more "head room" for power increases than the 6.4. that's why the Hellcat is destroked to 6.2l. It doest take much to get 1000 HP out of a TRX, why do you think 650 from a 5.7 would be hard?

One of my local friends runs stock longblock 5.7s with twin turbos at the track in classic Dodge Darts making 5 second 1/8 mile runs

irishwake63

Reaction score
they had a Black Widow in a Tampa dealership it was badd azzz too rich for my blood too but I would love to be cruising around in that

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Instagram post announcing the SR650 shows a Whipple charger on the engine, so I'm going to double down on the SR650 means 650 HP. That's probably crank HP, so 550ish to the wheels.

Nice. This would explain, partially, why the price is so high.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked at it again yesterday once you get past the cheesy black widow bits it’s a very nice street truck. At that price post you might as well go TRX lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Depends on what all is done to it. The 5.7 can make some power, and actually has more "head room" for power increases than the 6.4. that's why the Hellcat is destroked to 6.2l. It doest take much to get 1000 HP out of a TRX, why do you think 650 from a 5.7 would be hard?

One of my local friends runs stock longblock 5.7s with twin turbos at the track in classic Dodge Darts making 5 second 1/8 mile runs

I didn't say anything about the difficulty of getting 650 HP out of a 5.7 Hemi. Whipple claims that you can get up to 130 HP with that blower. If that truck was putting out 650 HP, you can guarantee that would be in the first sentence in the Black Widow SR560 literature.

Did Black Widow use the 8HP95 transmission for the SR650? The stock Laramie/Big Horn 8HP75 transmission is rated for ~500 HP and 600 lb-ft of torque.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about the difficulty of getting 650 HP out of a 5.7 Hemi. Whipple claims that you can get up to 130 HP with that blower. If that truck was putting out 650 HP, you can guarantee that would be in the first sentence in the Black Widow SR560 literature.

Did Black Widow use the 8HP95 transmission for the SR650? The stock Laramie/Big Horn 8HP75 transmission is rated for ~500 HP and 600 lb-ft of torque.
Nobody really knows. I can't find much info, other than the pictures in the Instagram post I shared. It's not on the Black Widow website.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nobody really knows. I can't find much info, other than the pictures in the Instagram post I shared. It's not on the Black Widow website.
If they gave all that info then people who know how much of a rip off it is and just buy the parts themself and partner with someone to do the work I bet.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If they gave all that info then people who know how much of a rip off it is and just buy the parts themself and partner with someone to do the work I bet.
Nah you will still have plenty of idiots with more money than they know what to do with who would rather just buy a prebuilt truck.

How do you think Hennessy stays in business

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nah you will still have plenty of idiots with more money than they know what to do with who would rather just buy a prebuilt truck.

How do you think Hennessy stays in business
True.
At least they do stuff like make a 6x6 TRX. Not going to do that on your own lol.

Idahoktm

Reaction score

It's because they didn't use one and that helps to determine whether or not it has 650 HP. The TRX and Raptor R brag about horsepower in the first paragraph of their advertisements. If you have that much power, you make a statement about it, front and center.

Riupsguy

Reaction score
So I bought one of these and only paid $73k. It’s not supercharged but still is about 395 hp. I think I got a deal for the price I paid. Very satisfied with the look and performance of the truck. Easy to add a supercharger if I want.

Attachments

• IMG_9290.jpeg
    IMG_9290.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 35

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I bought one of these and only paid $73k. It’s not supercharged but still is about 395 hp. I think I got a deal for the price I paid. Very satisfied with the look and performance of the truck. Easy to add a supercharger if I want.
So no performance added over stock 1500

frisby5

Reaction score
I think im gonna go and buy some Blackwidow badges and some black rims put my truck up for sale as a blackwidow for $90k i think thats a great deal !

Users who are viewing this thread