5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ride issues.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Speed wise it's from 40 to 60 range. Also got on interstate last night and 80 seemed pretty good.
It's clearly tires. Need to get them road force balence, which you should of done when rotating them.
I have been a mechanic over 30yrs

The only problem I have now is I shouldn't have posted anything. You do not have a clue!
If you have been a mechanic for over 30 years as you posted, you shouldn't of posted such a silly question online. Ibdac

dbrown

Reaction score
It's clearly tires. Need to get them road force balence, which you should of done when rotating them.

If you have been a mechanic for over 30 years as you posted, you shouldn't of posted such a silly question online. Ibdac
Yep you right it was a silly question. Just thought someone had similar issues. My fault for being a dumbass as I am a equipment mechanic, not the same as auto. Thanks for reminding me...

dbrown

Reaction score
Yep you right it was a silly question. Just thought someone had similar issues. My fault for being a dumbass as I am a equipment mechanic, not the same as auto. Thanks for reminding me...
Forgot to mention but dealer did a road force balance yesterday and had no effect.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you get a print out of the road force balance results? 20 lbs is marginal, anything above that can't be balanced

E.Hands

Reaction score
Forgot to mention but dealer did a road force balance yesterday and had no effect.
Will be interesting to find out what the actual cause is. And what remedies the situation. It really strange that moving the wheels around had no effect.
Did you say that it feels to be coming from the rear of the truck or is that just suspect because that's where you found up and down play in the axels?

dbrown

Reaction score
Will be interesting to find out what the actual cause is. And what remedies the situation. It really strange that moving the wheels around had no effect.
Did you say that it feels to be coming from the rear of the truck or is that just suspect because that's where you found up and down play in the axels?
You can feel it in the seat, rear end.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can feel it in the seat, rear end.
I know... I have no clue.
Sure sounds like a tire problem, unless... are the shocks or one of the 5 link bushings maybe compromised?
BTW, not judging, just trying to help.
Don`t like it, no skin off my back and carry on.

dbrown

Reaction score
I know... I have no clue.
Sure sounds like a tire problem, unless... are the shocks or one of the 5 link bushings maybe compromised?
BTW, not judging, just trying to help.
Don`t like it, no skin off my back and carry on.
Talked to dealer today. They are replacing the driveshaft. We'll see??

Av1

Reaction score
Talked to dealer today. They are replacing the driveshaft. We'll see??
I hope that takes care of it for you.

I'm surprised dealerships don't have access to the equipment to mount accelerometers and run a spectrum analysis.

That would be a tremendous help in troubleshooting where your vibration is coming from.

dbrown

Reaction score
I hope that takes care of it for you.

I'm surprised dealerships don't have access to the equipment to mount accelerometers and run a spectrum analysis.

That would be a tremendous help in troubleshooting where your vibration is coming from.
Drive shaft didn't solve problem.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Drive shaft didn't solve problem.
They should’ve been able to tell if it was the driveshaft or not, without just throwing parts at it.

Can they put a set of wheels from another truck on yours to see what that does?

Users who are viewing this thread