5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to know, how was the wiring? I haven’t looked into it much but hopefully not too much drilling
yes you do have to drill a hole.i think no bigger than a 9/16th.what I did was lay the part on a piece of paper and trace around it.then cut it out,laid it back on the part.then I just trace around (with a pencil or a sharp razor),place it on the back of the dash.now you have exactly where I should go.i drill a pilot hole from the back,but you will have to drill from the back.sounds like a lot but its not (y) ;)

Attachments

• 20240412_151852.jpg
    20240412_151852.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 43

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I worked with a kid who has the same truck and he was getting nearly 20mpg. I have no idea why there seems to be such a spread, for reference I drive almost exclusively city and I would say I’m on the gas more than the brake. If you figure it out let me know I just thought it was me
Yea I’m not sure why it is we are getting this bad of gas mileage. I’ll probably be in the market for a new vehicle soon needless to say

Gren71

Reaction score
2700 miles and let Ram do their free alignment. The toe was out on both sides. Drove fine before and after. Didn t notice anything different.
I ran into this with every jeep Ive ever owned. I started checking and re setting my own toe after a bit and never looked back.

Do you have a pic of the alignment sheet they gave you? Id love to know what the target setting is so I can double check it my self.

autkidd

Reaction score
Added my running boards and a windshield stripe.

Looking at changing out my tires. Looking for something that looks aggressiveish but not sacrificing too much fuel economy as I drive a whole lot for work.

Attachments

• IMG_3941.jpeg
    IMG_3941.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 43

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
image.jpg

Wireless charger added. Mainly just to keep up w/ wireless carplay when i’m traveling for work. Not being a fast charge is fine for this purpose. Ill use a cord if I need something quicker.

Last edited:

speedyspeedboy

Reaction score
I just bought two backup batteries for a dashcam. Anyone have a suggestion of where I can fit both? It's a Blackvue battery. I can fit one under the driver seat. But both won't fit, unless I somehow strap the other one to the seat from the bottom. I don't want to use the space in the middle either.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe underneath the driver kick panel make a bracket or in front of the center console? I’m not sure how assessable it needs to be once installed.

Gren71

Reaction score
View attachment 181032

Tailgate handle led added, also went ahead and swapped to the Led CHMSL I bought a but ago. Changed to a rubber gasket, good timing since the factory rubber foam tape on my stock unit was wet.
What gasket? I have a set of bulbs for that light but ive been terrified to even touch it since i dont have the leak and dont want to start it up

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One I switched to is the cargo cam setup I used this

For the regular cargo lamp id use this size I believe is similar in size

Or buy both pull the lamp and use whichever is similar is size and return the other.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Started the spring cleaning. Took out half of plastic bag of garbage from the passenger side and the backseat.😑

Also tuned my subwoofer a bit. Trying to get it properly dialed in before finally placing it behind the backseat.

raygun9

Reaction score
Threw the Carli /King performance system suspension at the truck and added some new tires and wheels.
hows the ride, I've been going back and forth on performance vs commuter from Carli for a year now..

Users who are viewing this thread