5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key fob programming

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
haven't tried to program yet. in the 5th gen section, its still blanked out/no continue button. haven't tried logging in as a 2500 truck yet.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It can actually do the process of programming a fob, but you need it to pull the PIN first. Have you (or any 5th gen 1500 owners) tried using JScan to pull the PIN lately to see if it’s successful?
@Jimmy07 i successfully pulled the pin from my truck. Forgot to let you know. Can you provide the next steps?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a new FOB just waiting to be programmed and still can’t seem to pull the PIN. Upgraded the app, waited for the ODO to turn off like you said and all I keep getting is, “unable to read pin, wrong data”.

Are you using a SGW bypass when you do this?
You must use a SGW bypass

Frankf300

Reaction score
You must use a SGW bypass
Yea I’m using one, that’s why I’m stumped lol 🤷‍♂️ I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the adapter. I'm using the Veepeak VP11 that is listed as compatible on the Jscan site. It has worked for all other adaptions in Jscan along with my SGW bypass, but won't pull the pin. Was really hoping it would work after the update and now that I saw theblet had success, but still no go for me.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a new FOB just waiting to be programmed and still can’t seem to pull the PIN. Upgraded the app, waited for the ODO to turn off like you said and all I keep getting is, “unable to read pin, wrong data”.

Are you using a SGW bypass when you do this?
Yes I am using the bypass cable. Also, the app states you must have a good internet connection to pull the pin.

Frankf300

Reaction score
Yes I am using the bypass cable. Also, the app states you must have a good internet connection to pull the pin.
Yea, I've tried connected to my home wifi and the 5g network on my phone; still no luck. What bluetooth adapter are you using?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yea, I've tried connected to my home wifi and the 5g network on my phone; still no luck. What bluetooth adapter are you using?
Maybe the Veepeak VP11 doesn’t send commands to the ECU like the mc+

Frankf300

Reaction score
Maybe the Veepeak VP11 doesn’t send commands to the ECU like the mc+
Yea, I'm thinking something along those lines also. Think I may just order an MC+ and see how it goes. Can never have enough OBD2 readers hahaha!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, I'm thinking something along those lines also. Think I may just order an MC+ and see how it goes. Can never have enough OBD2 readers hahaha!

Maybe it's just because I have an older android phone (S9) but I had all sorts of issues connecting to the MC+. It was difficult to get it to show up as MC-Android (BT) and was always in MC-IOS (BLE) mode. So much so that 3 times, it completely whacked the BT connection to the truck radio and I lost all my favorites, etc. If you don't use Apply, I'd suggest sticking with the MC. I finally gave up and put my MX+ back in.

Maybe I'll try it again with the newer Galaxy tablet I've mounted in the truck.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just because I have an older android phone (S9) but I had all sorts of issues connecting to the MC+. It was difficult to get it to show up as MC-Android (BT) and was always in MC-IOS (BLE) mode. So much so that 3 times, it completely whacked the BT connection to the truck radio and I lost all my favorites, etc. If you don't use Apply, I'd suggest sticking with the MC. I finally gave up and put my MX+ back in.

Maybe I'll try it again with the newer Galaxy tablet I've mounted in the truck.
Oh yes, the MX+ works with android. I have an iPhone so went with the MC+

Users who are viewing this thread