5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

denjen

Reaction score
That was close to the price I was quoted from the dealer where I bought my truck. I called one last dealer and that was where I got them. I looked at others; but just kept coming back to the OEM boards.

Black19

Reaction score
It's fun. I like the noise. Seems to smooth out the power band when driving. Does it add horsepower .. no clue. Does it add MPG .. doubt it. Do I like it, Yup.. am I glad I did it .. Yup. Do I feel like the truck is more responsive, yup .. Do I think it's worth it .. I do.
Those are my thoughts as well. Thank you for the update. I have a guy who upgraded his truck and wants to sell his to me for $200.
I’m on the fence as I don’t want to much in cab noise in the highway. Don’t care about gaining mpg, don’t want to loose any…LOL

jamie.howlett

Reaction score
Those are my thoughts as well. Thank you for the update. I have a guy who upgraded his truck and wants to sell his to me for $200.
I’m on the fence as I don’t want to much in cab noise in the highway. Don’t care about gaining mpg, don’t want to loose any…LOL
Cab noise is not really much - only when you "get" on it. For 200 - I would grab it !

Gren71

Reaction score
Installed the airlift 1000 HD bags. I took my time and routed the airlines through the frame and put the nipple right next to my license plate. Driving into work today. The truck feels mostly the same, probably exactly the same… I’m just just being hyper sensitive to every little bump, wondering if the airbags stiffen into the ride at all. Looking forward to running them at 15 to maybe 20 psi with the camper.

Next up on my very short list of things to do is ordering and installing the utility rails in the bed.

Attachments

• IMG_3422.jpeg
    IMG_3422.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 58

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the airlift 1000 HD bags. I took my time and routed the airlines through the frame and put the nipple right next to my license plate. Driving into work today. The truck feels mostly the same, probably exactly the same… I’m just just being hyper sensitive to every little bump, wondering if the airbags stiffen into the ride at all. Looking forward to running them at 15 to maybe 20 psi with the camper.

Next up on my very short list of things to do is ordering and installing the utility rails in the bed.
I wasn't extremely impressed with them. However, I could run them at max pressure unloaded and only tell a little stiffer ride.

Gren71

Reaction score
I wasn't extremely impressed with them. However, I could run them at max pressure unloaded and only tell a little stiffer ride.
I had them on my Gladiator when I pulled the same TT so im not expecting a miracle haha Really all I want them to do is take a little load off the WDH. Its dialed in but the spring bars are doing more work with this truck than they did with the JT...and I want to try to reduce that a little to not put so much stress on the front frame of the TT. Ive seen too many pictures of the front frames having damage done if you hit a bump with the spring bars are SUPER stressed. I anticipate only using 15-20lbs of pressure since It already pulls fine without them.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had the rough country ones which are rebranded aooa’a. They looked good for caliper covers. I had to grind the brackets down a bit but they looked good behind my black wheels. Best picture I could find with them installed.
I Can't tell from the photo but are these wheels 18"s? I wanted to do a set of the AOOA's but i thought they only fit 20's and up because there wasn't enuff clearance behind the 18s. (or is that why you had to grind 'em a little?)

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Wow that looks great! Any pics of it in action? I love the fact it replicates the higher trim 2500/3500 headlight with the 4 sets of LEDs
View attachment 180101
You know i actually dont have any in action, i looked through my phone as well b.c i was going to post one for you. But now that you mention it im going to take some lol ill be sure to post some for you. yes i agree, they do look very similar, just like that theres are also tinted dark to match my truck, beautiful. thats honestly why i went with Morimoto over the Alpharex. Plus morimoto has a 5 year warrenty no questions asked if failure occurs. couldnt beat it. they look absokutly sick. plus the sequential turn signal as well.

Reactions: EAB

stevieb92

Reaction score
I tackled two things this weekend. Decided the front end needed a little more color. My Jeep Rubicon that I traded had the red tow hooks so I went the same route. I also removed the rear cover from the lower grille mesh in preparation for a hidden lightbar. It was a pain in the *** without removing the bumper but it’s possible. Warning, you will most likely fling a few cuss words in the process. I’d like to know the reason the RAM engineers added that cover. It doesn’t seem necessary to me, especially when not all trim levels had it. Enough babbling…

IMG_2187.jpeg

IMG_2188.jpeg

IMG_2190.jpeg

Morenar

Reaction score
Got the digital dash cluster installed yesterday!! Sorry for the bad picture (need to clean lense) but super easy install just to get it working now to get the tiles and Ram Maps working a little more involved at this point.
Nice! You happen to do a write up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/