5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new to me 2022 Ram 1500 Limited

yeggg

Reaction score
Just got this last week. Weather has been kind of dreary so finally got all moved in today. Want to replace the Mopar tonneau cover with an undercover armor flex and swing case(more of a maybe). Anything else I should consider? No lift kits for me.
f724eb67214d11b475f2087e1807d7c0.jpg

, and add a bedrug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N7GZN

Reaction score
Yes, nice truck and welcome to the forum. Things that you might consider; purchase AlfaObd software, a wireless Obd2 dongle (I have the obd link Mx+) look up AlfaObd in the forum for all you can do.
My signature shows what I have done so far with AlfaObd.
What I want to do as of yet:
Add keyless entry to my canopy, a Snugtop Rebel.
Add passive entry to the rear doors, the details are in the forum..
Add the tailgate handle LED which you may have on your truck, also details in the forum.
Upgrade the 6x9 door speakers with CDT 69s.4, and bypass the ANC, details in the forum.
If I had the uconnect 5 head unit that you have, I would remove the TBM2.0 cellular radio that connects the truck to the web. The uconnect 4 that I have has the cellular radio integral to the radio itself. Details are also in the forum how to do this.
And finally engine oil filter relocation, and a ppe aluminum transmission oil pan.
I'll bow out with a final thought, there's a wealth of information here on the forum and I would invite you to browse away.

N7GZN

Reaction score
Also, for the benefit of others, post details about your truck in your signature..look at other members signatures as a guide.

N7GZN

Reaction score
I almost forgot, to use AlfaObd, one needs a security gateway module bypass, I use the Chrysler 12+8 patch cable which is temporary, there are other wire harness options that can be left in place permanently, its all in the forum.

Machinetools1

Reaction score
Thank you for the tips and comments. I have all of the hardware for using the AlphaOBD but still need to get the AlphaOBD software and I need to download the program. I guess I can get it from the AlphaOBD websight. I wanted a newer Ram and was looking at the limited series, but they were a little steep for me. So, I settled for a 21 Laramie with 17,000 miles. I have to check on the UConnect 5 vs. the UConnect 4 Thank you very much for the tips. I have been lurking here for a while even after I joined. I just read and reread posts to further my education. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread