5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Renewed my registration at $105 for the year. I won't complain too much, I know some of you guys have it much worse. It does burn me a little though when Pennsylvania asks me to donate to 6 different charities though when I check out :LOL:

A few years back, ours jumped up a bit. I think it was $24 per year. Now we have fees based on age of the vehicle. EV's pay a higher fee, probably because they don't pay fuel taxes. I'm kind of surprised because EV's seem to get more than their fair share of tax breaks.

• $69 for vehicles one or two years old • $57 for vehicles three to six years old • $45 for vehicles seven or more years old * Electric Vehicles-Add $140 per year * Plug-In Hybrid Vehicles-Add $75 dollars per year

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here she is. 2023 Raptor in Azure Blue with 801A package. Moonroof (which I could live without) and the tailgate step (which in the first 24 hours of ownership, I have fallen in love with it). Parts are stacking up and I'll be diving into the truck next month. Thing is a dream to drive, so smooth and fast compared to my Rebel. The selectable exhaust button is pretty sweet.

View attachment 179573
Hey!!!!!

You're allowed to share your new toy with us, not market the damn thing!

Now u have folks googling the cost of raptors in their areas and calculating the offset that their trade would give to ensure that they have enough to bribe their wives into accommodating the switch.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Hey!!!!!

Now u have folks googling the cost of raptors in their areas and calculating the offset that their trade would give to ensure that they have enough to bribe their wives into accommodating the switch.

Not all of us. 😆 I am curious to see what the exhaust button does...button off =popcorn fart, button on = wet fart? I'm curious to hear his take on the fake V8 sound that's piped into the cab. I'm definitely a fan of the Raptor. I'd be in one if the TRX didn't exist.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey!!!!!

Not me. Won't see a Ford product in my garage, ever

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey!!!!!

Oh, you guys looked too?

I stopped when a 2024 Harvest Orange TRX popped up at my local dealer. $125k MSRP. Trying to see if my wife will still let me park it on her property after the divorce. Will need to make sure I get the tent and a few other things out of the garage.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not all of us. I am curious to see what the exhaust button does...button off =popcorn fart, button on = wet fart? I'm curious to hear his take on the fake V8 sound that's piped into the cab. I'm definitely a fan of the Raptor. I'd be in one if the TRX didn't exist.

Sounds awesome. There’s quiet, normal, sport, and Baja. Baja being the loud one and for obvious reasons the one I chose when I drop my kids off at school.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not me. Won't see a Ford product in my garage, ever

I’m pretty brand agnostic. Whatever brand has a truck that checks the most boxes for me at the time I’m looking gets the nod. Went Ford, GMC, Ram, and now back in a Ford. There wasn’t anything bad in particular pushing me out of the Rebel other than I was bored with the platform and the aftermarket support is for the Rebels which impacts my channel so needed to move on.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey!!!!!

~$74k and $34-ish trade in, there you go.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Sounds awesome. There’s quiet, normal, sport, and Baja. Baja being the loud one and for obvious reasons the one I chose when I drop my kids off at school.

I suppose you'll probably demo that on your YouTube channel. What about the V8 sound piped thing into the cab?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m pretty brand agnostic. Whatever brand has a truck that checks the most boxes for me at the time I’m looking gets the nod. Went Ford, GMC, Ram, and now back in a Ford. There wasn’t anything bad in particular pushing me out of the Rebel other than I was bored with the platform and the aftermarket support is for the Rebels which impacts my channel so needed to move on.
I've owned one Ford in my life. 94 Thunderbird SC. Left my, now Ex, wife stranded many times, and the final straw was when it had an electrical fire in the drive through of a burger king. All while I was on deployment. The other times, she was over an hour away from home in an area with barely any cell signal, but was able to get her parents to rescue her. And our kids were in the car each time.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here she is. 2023 Raptor in Azure Blue with 801A package. Moonroof (which I could live without) and the tailgate step (which in the first 24 hours of ownership, I have fallen in love with it). Parts are stacking up and I'll be diving into the truck next month. Thing is a dream to drive, so smooth and fast compared to my Rebel. The selectable exhaust button is pretty sweet.

View attachment 179573

Hey, look, Raptor lights... 😬

Nice truck!

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Truck sounds awesome so I guess it works

Okay, you're talking about this.

This is what I was asking about. I'm not sure which Raptors have it. Based on my search, it appears to be an EcoBoost thing.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay, you're talking about this.

This is what I was asking about. I'm not sure which Raptors have it. Based on my search, it appears to be an EcoBoost thing.

I had a go cart when I was 10 that sounded better than all four of those modes. Is this what we have to look forward to now that RAM dropped the Hemi?

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've owned one Ford in my life. 94 Thunderbird SC. Left my, now Ex, wife stranded many times, and the final straw was when it had an electrical fire in the drive through of a burger king. All while I was on deployment. The other times, she was over an hour away from home in an area with barely any cell signal, but was able to get her parents to rescue her. And our kids were in the car each time.
Hmmmm.....funny how you're throwing shade at the Thunderbird when there are more than one constants in your story.

Based on your recount, blame could fit squarely on the shoulders of the Ford, your ex-wife, or your kids.🫣

I've had 3 F150s and I hold no grudge towards the brand. If they gave as good a ride as the ram, I'd have probably bought a 4th when I was new-truck shopping.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....funny how you're throwing shade at the Thunderbird when there are more than one constants in your story.

Based on your recount, blame could fit squarely on the shoulders of the Ford, your ex-wife, or your kids.🫣

I've had 3 F150s and I hold no grudge towards the brand. If they gave as good a ride as the ram, I'd have probably bought a 4th when I was new-truck shopping.
Yes, I'm sure my wife and/or kids directly LED to an electrical fire in the dash. And I'm sure they conspired to get stranded in the middle of the Mojave desert in the middle of the summer.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure my wife and/or kids directly LED to an electrical fire in the dash. And I'm sure they conspired to get stranded in the middle of the Mojave desert in the middle of the summer.

Lol

I was just being facetious. As you were....

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I had a go cart when I was 10 that sounded better than all four of those modes. Is this what we have to look forward to now that RAM dropped the Hemi?

Yeah, it's sad. The Gen 3 Raptor sounds better than the RHO. There's still time for them to come up with a better sounding exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/