5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do the TPMSs "auto-locate" after Tire Rotation?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The first video covered 2013 through 2018 RAMs, listen again. Some just refuse to understand. My 2022 has antennas in each wheel, I've seen the front ones. But that aside, answer the basic question, how does the truck know which TPMS sensor is in which wheel well if not for localized antennas?
Well, let’s get those pics of the antennas in the wheel wells then.
I explained how the location is determined.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, the 5 tire rotation will work just as long as you add the sensor to the spare. I would double check to see if the 1500 has a TPMS in the spare, a lot of vehicles do, but I don't think our trucks have one. If it did, you could utilize that one for your aftermarket spare tire.
nope we don't have TPMS in our spare. Confirmed that when I did wheels and tires (I even debead the spare to confirm lol)
Probably gonna get 2 sensors... one for the spare under and another for the spare for the spare when i do the long trip this year.

Users who are viewing this thread