5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram 1500 Laramie 12” Uconnect 5 wireless apple CarPlay issues continued.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
I guess my free WIFI ran out of time. But when connected to WiFi my wireless CarPlay would not work. Now that the truck does not have WiFi wireless CarPlay is working fine.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Apple CarPlay wireless connection issue, lengthy post, sorry in advance.

New 2023 Ram 1500 Laramie with 12” Uconnect 5 display with wireless apple CarPlay feature.
Issues:
- Uconnect does not auto-connect to iPhone on start-up.
- sometimes takes 20 minutes for apple CarPlay to finally connect wirelessly.
- have to use wired connection, but that causes an issue when playing Serious XM radio, it auto selects back to the plugged in device and stops Serious stops playing, happens multiple times.
- clicking the apple carplay button, after 10 seconds the box pops up saying, “unable to connect, make sure Bluetooth device is in range.”
- Bluetooth will connect to answer calls and play music from phone, but once you click the CarPlay button, it disconnects and says device not in range.
- if/when connected to CarPlay, wireless or wired, it randomly disconnects during phone calls or while using iPhone or google maps.

Solution attempts so far, with no success:

- reset radio through vehicle settings. Same issues.
- remove Uconnect from phones Bluetooth, delete device from Uconnect’s device manager, reset radio, pair phone again. Same issues.
- delete device, remove Uconnect from Bluetooth, hold power button for 10 seconds and perform hard reset, re-pair device. Same issues.
- dropped vehicle off at dealer, had a new Uconnect 5 12” display unit installed, same issues.
- ensure phone is on latest software, ensure Uconnect is on latest update, same issues.
- contacted Ram connect customer support, they had me attempt all above steps again, same issues.
- contacted Apple services, they had me perform every known reset/solution for my phone, same issues. They advised I take it to a dealer..
- ensured apple CarPlay is enabled within phone settings, WiFi and Bluetooth are on, no phone settings are restricting CarPlay from working. Phone is iPhone 12 for reference using the latest iOS as of the date of this post, iOS 17.1.

I am still in contact with local dealer for pending updates, they are baffled at the issue and said they have a handful of new vehicles with the same issue and no solution.

Posting this to see if anyone by chance has a method I haven’t tried or perhaps the right eyes will see this post and add this to an existing STAR report.
Wireless CarPlay will not work if you are connected to WiFi that is built into the truck. To test it out turn phone WiFi off and then get in your truck CarPlay will work...

Ready Go

Reaction score
My 2024 Laramie G/T had this OTA Update pushed through the other day while the wife & I were shopping. I was worried that there would be issues afterwards, as I'd heard here, but no glitches yet.I assume this is the latest update version.
A couple days in and I can't tell anything changed better or worse.

Attachments

• 20240130_113350.jpg
    20240130_113350.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 30

Gerardv514

Reaction score
Insane how I was told that OTA updates were not provided anymore, due to mishaps on the past, and could only be done at the dealer. I have a 23 Laramie and it just boggles my mind that OTA updates are in fact being pushed out in some fashion, although maybe not exactly my vehicle model, I would think all of these vehicles are close enough. How they pick and choose which get it is beyond comprehensible.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Insane how I was told that OTA updates were not provided anymore, due to mishaps on the past, and could only be done at the dealer. I have a 23 Laramie and it just boggles my mind that OTA updates are in fact being pushed out in some fashion, although maybe not exactly my vehicle model, I would think all of these vehicles are close enough. How they pick and choose which get it is beyond comprehensible.
Ota updates are still pushed out. Someone lied to you, which is very typical of Ram. Ota is very inconsistent though, the update that the last few people posted is not even "new" anymore imo

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
After recent iphone update to 17.2.1, apple car play would not work. Wifi currently disconnected in truck.
Shut down phone and restart. Forget uconnect in phone settings, forget phone in truck, and go through pairing again. ACP started right up instantly.
Not too painful, but might have to do so with every phone update.

akostaac

Reaction score
I updated my 2022 Built to serve from 24.13 to 27.46 via usb and everything is working as it should. I have temp control/heated seat and steering heat on top corners which I did not have on 24.13.

KMofishin’

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Ram 1500 limited and it has been on MY23.T25.48-PROD since the day I got it back in February. I see so many posts about OTA updates. I have never gotten one, uconnect site shows my software is up to date. So how do I force an OTA update or download the updates if uconnect says there are none? Getting very frustrated, this Ram/Uconnect pairing seems to fail at every corner.
Let me know what comes from yours. I’m going through the same issues

Paratrooper910

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Ram Rebel 2500 and my wireless Uconnect always connects.... however sometimes its instant and sometimes its after about 2 minutes. I suspect it has something to do with the wireless connection that is required along with the Bluetooth. I only say this because I notice that If I try to connect to my dashcam via wireless it bumps me off of Uconnect while still showing BT connected.

Gerardv514

Reaction score
Well, just got in the truck (2023 Laramie) and to my surprise I had a message stating I’ve been updated to T27.46.

Attachments

• IMG_3223.jpeg
    IMG_3223.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 8

RollingLL

Reaction score
I updated my 2022 Built to serve from 24.13 to 27.46 via usb and everything is working as it should. I have temp control/heated seat and steering heat on top corners which I did not have on 24.13.

Can you share a link to the software? Thanks!!

mbearden

Reaction score
Well, just got in the truck (2023 Laramie) and to my surprise I had a message stating I’ve been updated to T27.46.
I just this update via OTA around noon today. It took a few minutes to install. I did notice that some of my radio favorites changed but most were correct. Other than that, everything else seems to be working fine.

Philth

Reaction score
Update released today.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 11

Naptowner

Reaction score
Also interested in a link to the software. The update didn’t complete yesterday and now I’m left without any functioning center screen. Dealerships are several weeks out for appointments. Thanks!

Philth

Reaction score
Also interested in a link to the software. The update didn’t complete yesterday and now I’m left without any functioning center screen. Dealerships are several weeks out for appointments. Thanks!
It should install in the background when off. When my notification popped up, I had just shut the truck off and asked if I wanted to install it. I came out the next morning and it was all done.

Naptowner

Reaction score
It should install in the background when off. When my notification popped up, I had just shut the truck off and asked if I wanted to install it. I came out the next morning and it was all done.
Unfortunately some sort of corruption occurred because it’s just in a loop of RAM screen loading, 2 seconds of uconnect, then restarting back to screen loading/starting

warrenwwii

Reaction score
Mine just connects or disconnects whenever it feels like it. It is so bad that I have informed my family to sue if I die in a wreck. I bought my truck because of the radio. I work from my truck and travel. It knows when I am going through a crazy intersection and just disconnects my phone and the Google maps. Already almost caused wrecks three times. I have been to the dealership and been told this is common. Right now it won’t connect at all. Sometimes the screen just locks up. Completely unacceptable. To top it off I can’t just go buy another radio without voiding my warranty!!!!!!! I bleed Mopar but I am mad now.

Users who are viewing this thread