5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check all that apply to your Trucks Build Sheet

• eTorque

Votes: 109 43.6%
  • AGM Battery

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Lead Acid Battery

Votes: 132 52.8%
  • non eTorque

Votes: 102 40.8%

• Total voters

Squatch79

Reaction score
My 21 1500 w/ Etorque has been sounding weak for the last few weeks and it let me know yesterday morning that it was done. Swapped it out for an EverStart Platinum AGM H8 group size. So I got around 2.5 years on the factory battery. Around 63k on the odo as of right now.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
Last week I installed a group 49 (H8) Farm+ Fleet 7 yr Platinum battery in my 28 month old Ram. On sale for $150 OTD. I had purchased the larger battery cover last year for this. My truck gets little use 5 colder months of the year and the other 7 warmer months it’s doing much towing out of my state. New batteries are cheap compared to where one might have an unexpected failure. Given the poor battery life some have experienced I decided not to wait.

2001gw

Reaction score
Bought truck in April, 2021. Currently 28,300 miles. Battery has been sounding weak and this morning truck would not start. Started it with my handy little jump starter (worked great!). After that the check engine light has been on and I have no air conditioning. Called dealer. Scheduled an appointment for tomorrow morning. They said battery is under warranty. I'll let you know the results of my visit in another post in this thread tomorrow. :rolleyes:

2001gw

Reaction score
Okay, here's my update on post #363.

I had a 10:15 appointment at my RAM dealer. I arrived at 10:00 AM. They checked me in and I took a seat in the waiting room. At 10:14 I saw a tech drive my truck to one of the stalls. At 11:00 AM they called my name and the truck was ready. They installed a new battery, got my AC going and cleared the CEL. I left at 11:05. There was "no charge" for the battery or service. (y) :)

Users who are viewing this thread