5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

must have upgrades / accessories

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s the same link you posted but click the one that says “2sides + backlights”!
And ahhh you’re right. I didn’t even correlate your username haha yeah limiteds unfortunately can’t fit that insert. I could probably still make an insert for there if it’s something you were interested in though
Where did you get that insert for the console? That’s perfect! I need one!🤣

SPyKER

Reaction score
Oh and they’re designed so that there’s no drilling to route the wires, and you can still access the coin holders. Just make sure to buy the extra little extension harness for the switch panel because it might not reach without it depending on where you mount the box under the hood.
Would it be too hard to get to the LockerUp safe under that?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Would it be too hard to get to the LockerUp safe under that?
Honestly I really don’t know, I’ve never seen one of those safes in person. As long as there’s enough of a gap to fit the wire in between the bottom of the console piece that slides and the top of the safe, there should be no problem at all

boggintuff

Reaction score
If you have a hemi engine, the absolute #1 mod you must have is an oil catch can.

PetePA

Reaction score
Isn't an oil catch can the mod that quiets down the hemi so it sounds like it's not guzzling 30 gallons of gas every time you hit the pedal?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
An oil catch can goes in the PCV hose, and catches the oil mist, preventing it from going into the intake manifold. The oil gets burned away, so it's not like it sits there, but it can carbon up the valves. I put one on my truck at about 1,000 miles, because that's when I learned about them. At just over 8,000 miles, it has caught about 5 ounces of oil, that would have gone into the intake, to get burned. I imagine that will slow, when the engine gets more broken in, but I like the fact that no oil is gumming up the engine.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what does it do? sorry i'm not familiar with engines and stuff.

An oil catch can can either be a can you place to capture a leak or a device that installs in your PCV line to capture any excess oil before it enters the intake system. Most people have never heard of the latter because most vehicles do not have or need them.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
An oil catch can can either be a can you place to capture a leak or a device that installs in your PCV line to capture any excess oil before it enters the intake system. Most people have never heard of the latter because most vehicles do not have or need them.
so how does that factoring in "not seeing a drop of oil on the garage floor" as you stated above?
sorry i'm not familiar with this

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, most people just put cardboard under their truck instead of installing a catch can.

Users who are viewing this thread