5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal Position

A4Owner

Reaction score
Is the pedal position on the Gen 5s such that knee pain will result?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What causes your knee pain? I mean it's a throttle pedal right? Hold it to the floor to go then release and push the other pedal to stop. Pretty straight forward.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Medical literature is chock full of stories about 5th Gen Ram knee pain and resultant required knee-joint fusion or outright amputation.
My daughter is a surgical nurse and Oh! The stories she would tell! So many Ram owners limping with their right leg.

Hold it to the floor to go then release and push the other pedal to stop.
Unless you do it like this.

Steve

Last edited:

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I have heard of many troubles with our trucks from major mechanical issues to little things to just whine about (after all forums are for whining right?).

I have yet to hear "So the other day I had my right leg amputated because I drove a Ram pickup."

I mean I read whining about a foam cup holder non stop. You would think cutting your leg off would be a more intense topic.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have heard of many troubles with our trucks from major mechanical issues to little things to just whine about (after all forums are for whining right?).

I have yet to hear "So the other day I had my right leg amputated because I drove a Ram pickup."

I mean I read whining about a foam cup holder non stop. You would think cutting your leg off would be a more intense topic.
It’s no big deal to have a leg amputated. It’s not like you don’t have another one🤷🏼‍♂️. Unless you don’t. In that case, magnify the intensity on this topic. 🤣

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get foot pain when holding it wide-open throttle for 300 miles, but I can usually walk it off while pumping in more gas, then repeat.

I've discovered you can mitigate that pain with more padding on your feet.

fluffy-furry-fuzzy-alpaca-slippers-socks-inct-36-women-size-6-men-size-4-12-international-36-866193_large.jpg

However, I don't know how to get rid of the butt pain from the burning wallet after filling up.

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Not for me.

Of course, I'm one of those weirdos who uses cruise control on the highway. Still, I got stuck in bumper-to bumper traffic the last time I came from Ventura, with two hours of stop and go, and I had no knee pan.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
It’s no big deal to have a leg amputated. It’s not like you don’t have another one🤷🏼‍♂️. Unless you don’t. In that case, magnify the intensity on this topic. 🤣
Very true a spare leg but only ONE cheap foam cup holder. I'm glad you have your priorities in line! 🤣

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What? Ask any 3.21 driver and they will tell you it was not possible with 3.92 gears unless you had a tanker fueling you on the road.
Saint-Pete FL. to Florence SC. 530 miles, 7hrs 55min.
Took an extra 4 hours in traffic because we traveled on a day after new years, what a nightmare.
I-95 was a mess. I will never do that again.

A4Owner

Reaction score
Yeah its not the forward and back ability, any idiot would know to adjust that. What I was getting at was the accelerator pedal being too close to the transmission tunnel and, for drivers with big feet, this would result in the right foot having to pivot to the right a bit more thus putting pressure on the knee.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah its not the forward and back ability, any idiot would know to adjust that. What I was getting at was the accelerator pedal being too close to the transmission tunnel and, for drivers with big feet, this would result in the right foot having to pivot to the right a bit more thus putting pressure on the knee.
I am fine while wearing size 11 4E wide NB`s and I have buggered up knees.
Size 13 could be a different story, a test drive might be a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread