5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Dropped it off at the dealer this morning, to get exhaust manifolds, and fuel filling issue looked at. Got the call about 3:45, passenger side exhaust manifold cracked. New one will be here tomorrow, covered under powertrain warranty. Fueling issue is the vapor canister. Not covered under emissions warranty, $620 to have dealer fix it. No thanks I will fix that myself.

What's involved with the vapor can?

I'm actually hoping my driver side manifold goes before 9/26 and 100k in miles. I'll probably get to 9/26 first. Really would like that covered under warranty.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ok cool. i put the corsa cat back on my wifes hemi jgc and its loud lol. cold starts i wake the neighbors lol. i just want to make sure thats not how it is on the ram.
I guess it depends on how close your neighbors are. I’m currently in an Apt complex, corner ground unit, and can hear my truck start up from 30 yards away, but I have to listen for it. I click the remote, count to 4 and it starts on 5, if I don’t hear it, I click it again. Haven’t received any complaints from any neighbors in the ~6ish months so far. And I usually leave my place by 530am.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the dealer this morning, to get exhaust manifolds, and fuel filling issue looked at. Got the call about 3:45, passenger side exhaust manifold cracked. New one will be here tomorrow, covered under powertrain warranty. Fueling issue is the vapor canister. Not covered under emissions warranty, $620 to have dealer fix it. No thanks I will fix that myself.
What fuel tank do you have? I just upgraded from the 26 gallon to 33 gallon fuel tank a couple weeks ago, and I have my factory 26 gallon tank and vapor canister sitting in the garage. Approx. 25k miles on the canister. If that is the canister you need for your truck and you're interested, you're welcome to it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What fuel tank do you have? I just upgraded from the 26 gallon to 33 gallon fuel tank a couple weeks ago, and I have my factory 26 gallon tank and vapor canister sitting in the garage. Approx. 25k miles on the canister. If that is the canister you need for your truck and you're interested, you're welcome to it.
Yes, I have the 26 gallon tank. If you don't mind, I'd throw us some money for shipping and your time

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What brand of tire did you take off?
How's on the ride on the LTX M/S ?
Personally, I run nothing but the Michelin Defender LTX M/S on my trucks for 3 of 4 seasons.(I run dedicated winters for the 4th season)
They’ve changed the model from M/S to an M/S2.
The tires are like riding on a cloud. Awesome in rain with zero hydroplaning. Great wearing as well.

Last edited:

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in IL, near Chicago and my truck has been in IL all it's life. Of course our winters don't seem as bad as they used to. I always worried, but after having I wouldn't change a thing. Clean and Lube.
Good to know. Yeah it often gets well below freezing here, then the slush will freeze in huge blobs to my existing steps. I'm just not sure how well they would open and shut with all that ha. I constantly have to remind myself not to close my mirrors over night here in the winter time. I'll go out in the morning and spend at least 5 minutes getting snow and ice out of the hinge joints so they'll open again :LOL:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to know. Yeah it often gets well below freezing here, then the slush will freeze in huge blobs to my existing steps. I'm just not sure how well they would open and shut with all that ha. I constantly have to remind myself not to close my mirrors over night here in the winter time. I'll go out in the morning and spend at least 5 minutes getting snow and ice out of the hinge joints so they'll open again :LOL:
Yeah I actually shut my steps off when it snows for a few days, then run thru car wash to clean. Once I install the lift, I'll need to leave them on, or risk falling on my a$$ :ROFLMAO:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So just got a call from the dealer, they are going to go ahead and fix it as a one time goodwill fix.

Jedi9

Reaction score
Went by the auto tint place to see what it would cost to tint the front 2 side windows to match the ones in the back doors. 30 minutes and $100 for standard tint, $160 for ceramic tint.

Jedi9

Reaction score
Will it help even if I don't do the rear sides or back window with ceramic?

Jedi9

Reaction score
Never, that's why I got a quad. I understand the purpose of ceramic is to keep heat out?

Jedi9

Reaction score
that was the price I got for ceramic, 160 for the two fronts, Autobahn tint. SC allows 27% tint. The guy said they usually go 20-25 to match the rear side window.
Thanks for your input

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did my whole truck with ceramic tint almost 5 years ago and it's worth it. I even did my panoramic roof, so I don't know what the number is, because I told him to match the back and make everything the same.
Some have claimed the pano roof will hold heat and explode so I left mine alone for this reason. Plus a few shops in AZ won't do them for this reason.

Users who are viewing this thread