5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

70runner

Reaction score
Started my search for a new truck this weekend, results were meh. Prices are out of hand and it’s really hard to beat the interior of my Rebel (even with a Raptor), so I decided to give the Rebel some love for now and removed my bedside graphics for a cleaner look.

Before
View attachment 178260

After
View attachment 178261
I've used your tube vids as reference for several mods to my 21 Rebel - thx! So I must ask, after all your mods why search for a new truck?

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've used your tube vids as reference for several mods to my 21 Rebel - thx! So I must ask, after all your mods why search for a new the lack of aftermarket support for the Rebel.

I really enjoy making the videos and I feel like I’ve plateaued with the practical mods on my Rebel so I’m looking into some new truck options to start with a new canvas.

It’s proving to be a difficult task as new trucks are wayyyy overpriced.

Thanks for watching my channel! Hope it helped with your projects.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really enjoy making the videos and I feel like I’ve plateaued with the practical mods on my Rebel so I’m looking into some new truck options to start with a new canvas.

It’s proving to be a difficult task as new trucks are wayyyy overpriced.

Thanks for watching my channel! Hope it helped with your projects.
I just checked out the '25 Rebel. Looks like base price has gone up about $11k, since I bought mine. 😳

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just checked out the '25 Rebel. Looks like base price has gone up about $11k, since I bought mine. 😳
Yup, test drove a Raptor this weekend. Great ride but the meh interior and price tag have me considering some other options. The good news is I am not in a rush. I’m back and forth between new truck and project car so not having any particular timeline is really nice.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yup, test drove a Raptor this weekend. Great ride but the meh interior and price tag have me considering some other options. The good news is I am not in a rush. I’m back and forth between new truck and project car so not having any particular timeline is really nice.

Are they selling Raptors at MSRP in Chicago? I did a quick search locally and there are 2 2024's available. Both have $20k ADM's for the V6 model. :ROFLMAO: I wouldn't spend $112k on a Raptor R, let alone that much on a V6 Raptor.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are they selling Raptors at MSRP in Chicago? I did a quick search locally and there are 2 2024's available. Both have $20k ADM's for the V6 model. :ROFLMAO: I wouldn't spend $112k on a Raptor R, let alone that much on a V6 Raptor.
No markups on the ones I found so depending on the package they are anywhere from 78-86.

I want as bare bones as I can get for my channel but every one I’ve found has $3k of crap I don’t want.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Started my search for a new truck this weekend, results were meh. Prices are out of hand and it’s really hard to beat the interior of my Rebel (even with a Raptor), so I decided to give the Rebel some love for now and removed my bedside graphics for a cleaner look.

Before
View attachment 178260

After
View attachment 178261
prices are out of hand now but think about it this way: they are only going to get worse with inflation and everything else that's going on lol
so if you see something you like... just go for it. that said, those 2500s are going for pretty nice discounts these days.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No markups on the ones I found so depending on the package they are anywhere from 78-86.

I want as bare bones as I can get for my channel but every one I’ve found has $3k of crap I don’t want.
you can't factory order it?

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you can't factory order it?
Just started and there’s seems to be a healthy supply of 3-7k mile Raptors around me. Once the ‘24’s come out I’m interested to see what happens to the current inventory. A 2022 with the torsen package would be great.

I’m not in a rush and nothing is saying I need to get rid of my current truck by a certain time so I’m watching the local deals and seeing how things move.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just started and there’s seems to be a healthy supply of 3-7k mile Raptors around me. Once the ‘24’s come out I’m interested to see what happens to the current inventory. A 2022 with the torsen package would be great.

I’m not in a rush and nothing is saying I need to get rid of my current truck by a certain time so I’m watching the local deals and seeing how things move.
ooh well good luck and watch out for cam phasers lol
ive seen quite a few ford ecoboost with cam phasers going out... some of them happened within warranty period while some happen just after.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
No pics but I fixed my grill lights (again). The marker light LED's seem to go bad. Good thing they are available on Amazon for like $2 a piece. I am actually getting halfway decent at crimping Weatherpack connectors. For those who don't know, these are Weatherpacks. 61m6JwtX9zL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Why don’t you use deutsch connectors? They are better imo

TOMALL Deutsch DT DTP 2 pin Male... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DCMTGXQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Wouldn't mind it but the harness has the ones I posted. It was bought from a private seller who has an ebay channel. The harness that's in the truck has the male version of the Weatherpacks. The Lights themselves pigtail to the female connector. I had to buy the crimper and connector kit with pins off Amazon.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are there even any "good" LED marker lights on the market?
the stock ones that come with the truck ie TRX or raptor. other than that... nope.

i never understand why putting them on trucks that don't need them at all... it's like putting BMW M badge on a non-M, putting AMG body parts on a non-AMG, putting a 392 badge on a 5.7 lol

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
the stock ones that come with the truck ie TRX or raptor. other than that... nope.

i never understand why putting them on trucks that don't need them at all... it's like putting BMW M badge on a non-M, putting AMG body parts on a non-AMG, putting a 392 badge on a 5.7 lol

Is it OK to just like the look of the grill lights? lol

Users who are viewing this thread