5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happened to me too when I was a teenager. Brakes Plus got me good, $800 for brakes on a 73 Charger. Crooks, they sucker you in with a $59 brake job advertisement that no one ever gets; never been to a brake shop since.
Every time I here an $79 AC spring/fall service commercial I think of the crooks at Brakes Plus and that the AC people are doing the same thing
I stopped by a Brake and Go, Kinda like a Jiffy Lube for Brakes. I needed new front brakes and they Quoted me over $1000 for them.
I ran out of that place. I got the Brake Pads and Rotors for about $200 and did it in my front yard in 2 hours with hand tools. This was
in January in New Hampshire.

For most things I can do myself.

I had my '08 big Horn go into Limp Home mode with the Trans when I was out near St. Louis.
it had Lifetime Powertrain on it, but they found a way to void that warranty. Got Quoted $1400
for the Trans work and another $3500 for other work they said needed to be done.

I got the Valve Body/ Solenoids off Ebay and with the Fluid I was at $500 in parts. I spent 2 hours
at my local Makerspace with an Auto Lift. Mostof that time was cleaning the RTV off the Pan.

Malodave

U

User_63152

Came out to start my truck this morning and, big surprise, no start. No click, no nothing. Battery issues again. I am on battery number 3. Yesterday it did it too, but there was a click, first. I have a jumper box that I keep in my truck (just because of this battery issue). Was almost late for work. I am really tired of this. The dealership never takes responsibility, either. So, at the end of my lease, which is March 30th, my truck will go bye bye. I'm done

EDIT:
I am going to leave this up because I want to be reminded of how childish this reads. Sometimes I have bad days and need to vent about something. But, that's something I am working on. I apologize

Last edited by a moderator:

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Came out to start my truck this morning and, big surprise, no start. No click, no nothing. Battery issues again. I am on battery number 3. Yesterday it did it too, but there was a click, first. I have a jumper box that I keep in my truck (just because of this battery issue). Was almost late for work. I am really tired of this. The dealership never takes responsibility, either. So, at the end of my lease, which is March 30th, my truck will go bye bye. I'm done

Question, I have no lease experience, are you taking all your upgrades off?

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
You have a draw somewhere. A mechanic can trace it down.

Fbird

Reaction score
Got an update on my "ordered manifolds" from Moparonline. OPrderd on 02-19.. Confimed IN STOCK....well must be a big ars place and only 1 DEI (Don't Expect Improvement) hire working it as I was told they expect to ship MARCH 8. REALLY 18 days to process an IN STOCK order. Buyer beware if you NEED it ...better off go getting it price be damned.

Fbird

Reaction score
Me: so wassup with that FitcamX??

😅😅
Coincidently I ordered a Fitcamx for my sons CRV as I LOVE MINE!!!. Get it , get ready to install it and......of course the plug in harness is different???? WTH. do the online chat (they are in china...so 14 hrs later I get a reply) we go thru pics of what I have vs what they sent and a few other things, guy said please confirm your address i will make you the proper "Y" harness and send it to you!
AWESOME customer service! Thats how you solve problems and move ON!!!

U

User_63152

I apologize for my earlier rant. It's probably my fault, anyway.

It is throwing codes

U1267
P0562

LonghornRik

Reaction score
I’m asking because if it was ours we always want to know. We’ve sold over 1,000 of the version you got and have had zero reported issues. That being said, we always want to know. We changed the design of those brackets 6 times in total to get to what we hope is perfection.
I got some pictures of the issue, they arent the best its the best I can do. Sort of need to be hands on to know exactly what it is. Its the other peice of metal smushed against the bracket. Did my best to highlight it. It is a part of a much larger piece of metal, with very hard to reach bolts, so I assume it was not something that was needed to be removed. 2nd picture you can see I tried to beat the crap out of it to make it flat but the limited space made it impossible. The video linked on your website did not have the piece that was blocking me, so maybe its just something the longhorns have? The reason that it was a problem is when I would tighten the brackets down they would pivot around the edge of the metal, causing them to be super angled and not fit the bar.

Attachments

• IMG_3258.jpg
    IMG_3258.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3257.jpg
    IMG_3257.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3256.jpg
    IMG_3256.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread