5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got a great deal on some Morimoto 4Bangers HXB! Buddy of mine got a second set and he wanted to trade for an 8 gang Auxbeam switch.. $500 lights for a $240 switch panel? Hell yeah!

Brackets should get here tomorrow, my lastfit brackets didn't work with them. Harness should be here on Friday.

Packaging was pretty neat

20240226_115437.jpg

Attachments

• 20240226_120006.jpg
    20240226_120006.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20240226_120018.jpg
    20240226_120018.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 51

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last year looking they had the territory in rebel size. Do they not make it now? Was hoping to get those since they are so much lighter.
they do... but take a look at em in the reb stock size... they look very different than the wide ones that go on the TRXs... not at all as cool IMO.

Last edited:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got a great deal on some Morimoto 4Bangers HXB! Buddy of mine got a second set and he wanted to trade for an 8 gang Auxbeam switch.. $500 lights for a $240 switch panel? Hell yeah!

Brackets should get here tomorrow, my lastfit brackets didn't work with them. Harness should be here on Friday.

Packaging was pretty neat

View attachment 177969
Dammit I’m jealous those new bangers are incredible! I dare say better than diode and rigid!

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Same here, very hot or miss. Dealser near me in Frisco has :poop: service, service manager is good but he has lazy techs.
The one 20 minutes away has excellent service.
I didn't buy my truck from either dealer and neither even questioned that.
I don't understand that service mentality either though

The one dealer I do not like has a habit of charging people diagnostic fees if you don't have the work done there. They tried to pull that my rear window, which my preferred dealer actually got covered after under warranty. It's remarkable how dealers can vary so much.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The one dealer I do not like has a habit of charging people diagnostic fees if you don't have the work done there. They tried to pull that my rear window, which my preferred dealer actually got covered after under warranty. It's remarkable how dealers can vary so much.

IMO this is one of many of Dodge's achilles heel and I'm sure other manufacturers have similar problems too. There needs to/should be a standard of service that Stellantis/CDJR requires from all its dealer sales and service centers that is consistent and some mechanism for enforcement of those policies rather than the seemingly hands off approach they have.
The only real concern I had when shopping for my new truck was the low grade of service from dealers; the thing that offset that was the amount of trouble free miles I had from the previous truck.
I've only had this truck in twice, once for an alignment that almost resulted in a fight to get them to do it right after 3 or so "it's ready" and the AC TSB and exhaust manifolds that were done at the same time by a different shop which did everything right the 1st time and were the exception to the rule that I seem to consistently read about here. Two shop visits and I'm 50/50, 1 very poor and one excellent.

I guess this goes back to educating yourself, knowing what you should be expected in a service center similar to shopping/buying and knowing when you're getting a good deal vs not.
It shouldn't be that way but it is; completely opposite of the way I run my business.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
IMO this is one of many of Dodge's achilles heel and I'm sure other manufacturers have similar problems too. There needs to/should be a standard of service that Stellantis/CDJR requires from all its dealer sales and service centers that is consistent and some mechanism for enforcement of those policies rather than the seemingly hands off approach they have.
The only real concern I had when shopping for my new truck was the low grade of service from dealers; the thing that offset that was the amount of trouble free miles I had from the previous truck.
I've only had this truck in twice, once for an alignment that almost resulted in a fight to get them to do it right after 3 or so "it's ready" and the AC TSB and exhaust manifolds that were done at the same time by a different shop which did everything right the 1st time and were the exception to the rule that I seem to consistently read about here. Two shop visits and I'm 50/50, 1 very poor and one excellent.

I guess this goes back to educating yourself, knowing what you should be expected in a service center similar to shopping/buying and knowing when you're getting a good deal vs not.
It shouldn't be that way but it is; completely opposite of the way I run my business.
Chrysler used to when they had the 5-star dealership ratings for sales and service. They don't have that anymore.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score

The reality is we are at the upper echelon of owners by just being on this forum....most of us, at least. I feel for the person who knows absolutely nothing about maintenance, mechanical things, etc.

I lease most vehicles but now actually owning my truck, I really keep a close eye on services performed and things fixed by the dealer.

Fbird

Reaction score
Most dealers suk at warranty work and will blow you off in a minute. Warranty work only pays about 60% (time wise) when fixing stuff. With 2 BROKEN MANIFOLDS I called 3 dealers around me, 1 said i have an appt. 45 days from now, 1 said i have an appt. 2.5 MONTHS from now another said "you will need to leave it with us until we get the manifolds and the last guy took 3 months". TOTAL BS! Last dealer had me in in 2 days only to discover there is NO....ZERO..warratny on MY truck due to it came from canada! (had to sort that issue out....he was 100% correct. My 50k miled truck has ZERO warranty of any kind) but they were willing to do the job for about $1400. Even could get the manifolds in 2 days. Thanks but NO THANKS. waiting on my order from Mopar online currently.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most dealers suk at warranty work and will blow you off in a minute. Warranty work only pays about 60% (time wise) when fixing stuff. With 2 BROKEN MANIFOLDS I called 3 dealers around me, 1 said i have an appt. 45 days from now, 1 said i have an appt. 2.5 MONTHS from now another said "you will need to leave it with us until we get the manifolds and the last guy took 3 months". TOTAL BS! Last dealer had me in in 2 days only to discover there is NO....ZERO..warratny on MY truck due to it came from canada! (had to sort that issue out....he was 100% correct. My 50k miled truck has ZERO warranty of any kind) but they were willing to do the job for about $1400. Even could get the manifolds in 2 days. Thanks but NO THANKS. waiting on my order from Mopar online currently.
That price seems average to me - 6hrs@$150 + $parts. Out of warranty, I have no need of the dealer.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The reality is we are at the upper echelon of owners by just being on this forum....most of us, at least. I feel for the person who knows absolutely nothing about maintenance, mechanical things, etc.

I lease most vehicles but now actually owning my truck, I really keep a close eye on services performed and things fixed by the dealer.

Yeah, I have an employee that was told a brake flush once a year was necessary and paid $900 for rear brakes on a Tahoe. You're right though, we are the upper echelon on vehicle owners. If shops weren't getting away with this a high percentage of times, they wouldn't be doing it. IMO, people on most forums probably represent less than 1% of any consumer base and we aren't who sales or service cater to.
I was at a firestone shop getting an alignment on my previous truck, a woman came in wanting an alignment and a tire rotation on her Audi AWD car. They cross rotated the tires then told her they couldn't align it because the tread depths were different on the front left from the front right and that would cause the diff to burn up.
They told her she need 4 new tires and quoted her over a $1000 then told her the car wasn't safe to drive and they couldn't "legally" release the car back to her for liability reasons; she started crying as they were full on giving her the scare treatment and gave in to their tactics.
I'm sitting there hearing this BS and told her that it was just that, BS, get your keys and leave. The service writer tells me to stay out of it and that he's right; I told her to call Audi service and when she told them the scenario, they told her they were lying to her and to leave. She ended up having to call the police to get her keys back.
Unfortunately, these people get away with mistreating a lot of vehicle owners

LeQuack1992

Reaction score
Yeah, I have an employee that was told a brake flush once a year was necessary and paid $900 for rear brakes on a Tahoe. You're right though, we are the upper echelon on vehicle owners. If shops weren't getting away with this a high percentage of times, they wouldn't be doing it. IMO, people on most forums probably represent less than 1% of any consumer base and we aren't who sales or service cater to.
I was at a firestone shop getting an alignment on my previous truck, a woman came in wanting an alignment and a tire rotation on her Audi AWD car. They cross rotated the tires then told her they couldn't align it because the tread depths were different on the front left from the front right and that would cause the diff to burn up.
They told her she need 4 new tires and quoted her over a $1000 then told her the car wasn't safe to drive and they couldn't "legally" release the car back to her for liability reasons; she started crying as they were full on giving her the scare treatment and gave in to their tactics.
I'm sitting there hearing this BS and told her that it was just that, BS, get your keys and leave. The service writer tells me to stay out of it and that he's right; I told her to call Audi service and when she told them the scenario, they told her they were lying to her and to leave. She ended up having to call the police to get her keys back.
Unfortunately, these people get away with mistreating a lot of vehicle owners
I was a victim of this when I had my first car, going to a state inspection for the first time they took me for a ride on brakes. At the time I didn't know I could tell them no and take it home and fix it. Was a $500 lesson lol.

Users who are viewing this thread