5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm sure some of you are aware, back in late 2022 Ram either had supply chain issues or they purposely deleted a few small items. One of them that I thought was necessary was the lower glove box light.

I ordered the OEM switch, which comes with a halogen bulb (dumb), so I also ordered a Lasfit blue LED. I figured the blue LED would give me an opportunity to see if wanted to change out the ambient lighting to match the blue stitching in my Lunar TRX.

I do like the blue light in the glove box, but not sure if I want the rest of my ambient lighting to be blue. 🤔

View attachment 177837
Your post made me wonder about mine - I'm sure I checked at some point, but I had to confirm - I do have the lower light. Sux that Ram thought that might be unimportant to some owners, especially in a high-level truck.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quietly shopping for a new Ram :oops: My lease is up soon and I'm weighing my options. I found a 23 leftover EcoD with a bunch of money off, so I'm having my guy run some numbers on it if he can do a dealer trade for it. Nothing wrong with my truck (leaky fender aside), and if it doesn't work out, I'll probably buy it out. For what I use my truck for (pulling the camper, long trips), I think an eco could be ideal. We'll see how the numbers come out in a couple days I guess.

Jedi9

Reaction score
Made a mount for my relay box using a piece of aluminum mounted off the side of the ECM, PCM, or whatever technical name you call the shiny thing with ribs, just make sure you don't drill into it, bad things can happen. the retaining nuts were already there, just flipped them, moved them apart a little, and notched out the lip on the plastic mount. I think it turned out ok, near the battery and near the drivers side firewall where the penetration into the cab is made.
relaybox1.jpg relaybox2.jpg relaybox3.jpg IMG_20240224_162330961.jpg

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got my running boards sorted out after tinkering with them for the last few weeks. Shoutout to Amber @Realtruck for helping get me along the way with a great price and the best customer service around! I highly recommend @Realtruck for any upgrades to your Ram (I am not sponsored in any way, just very satisfied with all of Amber’s help!).

Go Rhino Eliminator D6

IMG_0719.jpeg

I am overall satisfied with the results. The only qualm I do have is that the Passenger side rail is angled upward a bit. I originally had it installed on driver side and felt it with every step into the truck. I adjusted the brackets multiple times to make sure they were flush to the inside rocker panel. I adjusted the inner rail brackets multiple times to no avail. Finally today, I swapped sides with the running boards to eliminate (troubleshoot) the brackets from being the issue. It’s definitely something with the actual running board. It does annoy me slightly, but now it’s on the passenger side and I won’t be reminded of it every time I get into my truck. Lol. It still looks good overall IMO. If anyone else has the D6’s and some suggestions, I’m all ears.

Attachments

• IMG_0716.jpeg
    IMG_0716.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0712.jpeg
    IMG_0712.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0713.jpeg
    IMG_0713.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0715.jpeg
    IMG_0715.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0717.jpeg
    IMG_0717.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 58

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Finally got my running boards sorted out after tinkering with them for the last few weeks. Shoutout to Amber @Realtruck for helping get me along the way with a great price and the best customer service around! I highly recommend @Realtruck for any upgrades to your Ram (I am not sponsored in any way, just very satisfied with all of Amber’s help!).

Go Rhino Eliminator D6

View attachment 177920

I am overall satisfied with the results. The only qualm I do have is that the Passenger side rail is angled upward a bit. I originally had it installed on driver side and felt it with every step into the truck. I adjusted the brackets multiple times to make sure they were flush to the inside rocker panel. I adjusted the inner rail brackets multiple times to no avail. Finally today, I swapped sides with the running boards to eliminate (troubleshoot) the brackets from being the issue. It’s definitely something with the actual running board. It does annoy me slightly, but now it’s on the passenger side and I won’t be reminded of it every time I get into my truck. Lol. It still looks good overall IMO. If anyone else has the D6’s and some suggestions, I’m all ears.
These look like they were made for your Ram!! Stellar upgrade decision!

I spoke with Michelle over at Go Rhino and we think it could be a couple of things that may be causing the issue. I'd be happy to go over that with you when you have time. Send me a PM or email me at [email protected]

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Made a mount for my relay box using a piece of aluminum mounted off the side of the ECM, PCM, or whatever technical name you call the shiny thing with ribs, just make sure you don't drill into it, bad things can happen. the retaining nuts were already there, just flipped them, moved them apart a little, and notched out the lip on the plastic mount. I think it turned out ok, near the battery and near the drivers side firewall where the penetration into the cab is made.
View attachment 177892 View attachment 177893 View attachment 177894 View attachment 177896
what auz switch panel is that? aux beam?

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Nothing I did, but finally got my passenger side exhaust manifold fixed by the dealer. It feels like I'm driving a new truck. Not from a performance standpoint but I'm now no longer embarrassed to fire it up in public with the godforsaken ticking noise. Now I have just some normal valve/lifter, faint, noise. It's amazing how much something like that changes your feelings about driving it daily.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing I did, but finally got my passenger side exhaust manifold fixed by the dealer. It feels like I'm driving a new truck. Not from a performance standpoint but I'm now no longer embarrassed to fire it up in public with the godforsaken ticking noise. Now I have just some normal valve/lifter, faint, noise. It's amazing how much something like that changes your feelings about driving it daily.
Any advice on getting a dealer to perform this repair.

Took it to one already and they swore up and down they couldn’t mimic the sound i described to them.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score

Took it to one already and they swore up and down they couldn’t mimic the sound i described to them.

Seriously? That's glaring. I'd probably try and find another dealer to start.

Beyond that, lower rear bolt on the manifold. Pull the exhaust shield a bit. If it moves? Stud is broken. First generation manifolds it's usually the stud. Second generation the manifolds just tend to crack.

I told my service rep about the bolt when I called and didn't ask, but told him, it's definitely broken. They were nice enough to preorder the parts. I am confident if you bring it another, competent dealer, they will fix it.

Dealers are so unique with their service. I had a horrible experience with my old-Mopar dealer I leased my two JGC's from. The one I leased my Rebel from, around the corner from my house, has been phenomenal. They are an on-highway dealer but very small. I've typically had better experience with the service from smaller dealers.

BowDown

Reaction score

I 100% felt the same way, it was like a new truck it was so quiet. I had gotten used to the exhaust tick on start up that I actually stopped noticing it but knew it was there
Mine wasn't loud after or very noticeable after about 1 minute but afterwards was just as you describe, a new truck. I have no noise now

BowDown

Reaction score

They didn't even challenge me, they already knew, they asked me a couple questions about start up and it going away a short time later but that was it.

More importantly, IMO, is to call around and see if they have the 2 manifolds in stock at the parts dept.

BowDown

Reaction score
Seriously? That's glaring. I'd probably try and find another dealer to start.

Beyond that, lower rear bolt on the manifold. Pull the exhaust shield a bit. If it moves? Stud is broken. First generation manifolds it's usually the stud. Second generation the manifolds just tend to crack.

I told my service rep about the bolt when I called and didn't ask, but told him, it's definitely broken. They were nice enough to preorder the parts. I am confident if you bring it another, competent dealer, they will fix it.

Dealers are so unique with their service. I had a horrible experience with my old-Mopar dealer I leased my two JGC's from. The one I leased my Rebel from, around the corner from my house, has been phenomenal. They are an on-highway dealer but very small. I've typically had better experience with the service from smaller dealers.

Same here, very hit or miss. Dealer near me in Frisco has :poop: service, service manager is good but he has lazy techs.
The one 20 minutes away has excellent service.
I didn't buy my truck from either dealer and neither even questioned that.
I don't understand that service mentality either though

Last edited:

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score

While I don't believe it is the cause of the noise you are hearing, did you check the exhaust flange bolts many members have had trouble with? There looked to be movement and a large gap as I watched the first video.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
While I don't believe it is the cause of the noise you are hearing, did you check the exhaust flange bolts many members have had trouble with? There looked to be movement and a large gap as I watched the first video.

I watched again, and you may be right. However, they still should have realized there was an issue an fixed it.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was unaware of that but I’ll check it, thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread