5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW Gen HD Tow Mirror swap for a 5th Gen 1500?

Howardlv22

Reaction score
Alrighty, I picked up the 2025 Ram Rebel and I can’t help but wonder if I can take the HD new style tow mirror and install it on my 1500 Rebel? Can this be done? 🙏🏼

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Alrighty, I picked up the 2025 Ram Rebel and I can’t help but wonder if I can take the HD new style tow mirror and install it on my 1500 Rebel? Can this be done? 🙏🏼
Can you clarify- is this actually for a 2025 that you are getting, or is that a typo, and it’s for the 2024 in your signature?

Howardlv22

Reaction score
Can you clarify- is this actually for a 2025 that you are getting, or is that a typo, and it’s for the 2024 in your signature?
Sorry typo, I have a 24 and I was wondering if I can somehow put the new gen hd tow mirrors on my truck. 💪🏼

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I don't know if I like the new HD mirrors, I've never had the privilege of driving one with them. But you can get the older towing mirrors to work on your 1500. I bought my 2020 used, and I assumed I'd have to buy OE tow mirrors to replace the standard 1500 mirrors. But I did find a 1500 with the tow package that included the tow mirrors, thats what sold me on this truck. I'm sure you can, but what I went through looking for a 1500 knowing I would have to install tow mirrors after the purchase, no sales rep would commit on the conversion, so finding that needle in a haystack (tow mirror option) worked great for me. I did replace my 2004 2500 CTD standard mirrors with OE tow mirrors (The 2004 2500's had to be optioned with towing mirrors) when I bought it new. The hardware and OE plugs fit perfect. Some mirrors fold in to the widows on higher trim levels, my Bighorn does not, so look for the cheaper version that are not folding, because you won't have the supporting switch due to the fact that the standard mirrors don't fold in. There are two choices on the towing mirrors, one with power folding and one with manual folding mirrors, so keep that in mind when you purchase them. Take one side off and go into the dealer and compare the two of them together, to see if they bolt right up and plug in to your 1500.

Howardlv22

Reaction score
I don't know if I like the new HD mirrors, I've never had the privilege of driving one with them. But you can get the older towing mirrors to work on your 1500. I bought my 2020 used, and I assumed I'd have to buy OE tow mirrors to replace the standard 1500 mirrors. But I did find a 1500 with the tow package that included the tow mirrors, thats what sold me on this truck. I'm sure you can, but what I went through looking for a 1500 knowing I would have to install tow mirrors after the purchase, no sales rep would commit on the conversion, so finding that needle in a haystack (tow mirror option) worked great for me. I did replace my 2004 2500 CTD standard mirrors with OE tow mirrors (The 2004 2500's had to be optioned with towing mirrors) when I bought it new. The hardware and OE plugs fit perfect. Some mirrors fold in to the widows on higher trim levels, my Bighorn does not, so look for the cheaper version that are not folding, because you won't have the supporting switch due to the fact that the standard mirrors don't fold in. There are two choices on the towing mirrors, one with power folding and one with manual folding mirrors, so keep that in mind when you purchase them. Take one side off and go into the dealer and compare the two of them together, to see if they bolt right up and plug in to your 1500.
I do have the tow mirrors already just want the new ones I’ve used them they are nice and I like the look thank you 🙏🏼

Arth

Reaction score
I do have the tow mirrors already just want the new ones I’ve used them they are nice and I like the look thank you 🙏🏼

I think once the parts are released for the 2025's we will see a way to add those towing mirrors to the 1500s. The newer HD style mirrors are now an option for the 25 1500s. To my eye sheet metal and hopefully mounting points will be the same. As always it'll be up to wiring and possible door panel switch replacement.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry typo, I have a 24 and I was wondering if I can somehow put the new gen hd tow mirrors on my truck. 💪🏼
The HD mirrors won’t fit on a 1500.
The 2025 1500 will have those new tow mirror, but with the all new canbus architecture, there won’t be many things that can retrofit and work on pre-2025’s. If the mirrors are going to work on a 2024, there’s quite a bit of wiring to add, and the memory seat module, which controls the telescoping feature.

Users who are viewing this thread