5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford to Eliminate Park Assist Feature - Will Stellantis follow?

ben b

Reaction score
I thought it was a great feature when I bought my Ram. I ended up using it one time, just to see how it worked. May use it again in a year or two just to see if it still works.

Won't miss this feature at all.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, I won't miss it either if they get rid of it. I played with it a few days after I got my truck and it's faster to just do it myself. It's extremely rare that I need to parallel park and don't really have a problem doing it when I do.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's because they lose money for some vehicles as soon as they roll off the ling. Look at the Lightning.

I understand exactly how it works. My response was related to Oldfart's tunnel vision on the profit from a single option.

Oldphart

Reaction score
I understand exactly how it works. My response was related to Oldfart's tunnel vision on the profit from a single option.
Talking about a single item is tunnel vision? I'm wasn't concerning myself with anything else but the thread subject and I wasn't the one that expanded it, you did.

Jray22

Reaction score
Ohhh Well! They can also get rid of Auto Start/Stop too. It does absolutely nothing at this point

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ohhh Well! They can also get rid of Auto Start/Stop too. It does absolutely nothing at this point
I agree, at least for where I regularly drive, although I can see it being a benefit if you do a lot of city driving with long traffic lights. I'd rather see them get rid of MDS if we're picking things to eliminate. At least there are alternatives for permanently disabling stop/start that won't affect your warranty (cough...autostop eliminator).

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never used it. Lane assist either for that matter
With Lane Assist and Adaptive Cruise, a Comma 3 or 3x can make the Truck drive similar to a Tesla.
I have about 30k miles with it driving my truck. Makes long drives a breeze and you are not frazzled at the end.

Comma.ai

Malodave

n8zcc

Reaction score
My 2022 came with the park assist and before it came in I watched YT videos of the feature. To me, it seemed like a lot of work to park the vehicle using park assistance over just parking the truck. My assumption was correct when I got the truck and tried the system.

Lane assist is a reasonable feature but not on narrow lane roads or most roads that do not have painted lines or the painted lines are almost gone. So I keep that turned off. Different parts of the country have different quality of painted lines. Michigan, well, not so good.

Then there i the trailer backup system, only $1,000 for the option. You get a knob and trailer light check feature. For all of my life, I've backed a trailer simply by placing my hand on the bottom of the steering wheel and turning the wheel in the direction I want the trailer to go, simply simple. And the trailer light check, well, hazard flashers and park lights do the same without the bother of searching through menus to do it.

I wouldn't want to give up other features like;
Blind sport monitoring, works perfectly
Cross-traffic warning, invaluable when backing out when sandwiched by SUVs you can't see through
Crash alert, only once, but it saved me, it reacted quicker than I did.
I like the 360-degree cameras. I wish the factory offered a way to add a recorder to the camera system.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to give up other features like;
Blind sport monitoring, works perfectly
Cross-traffic warning, invaluable when backing out when sandwiched by SUVs you can't see through
I like the 360-degree cameras. I wish the factory offered a way to add a recorder to the camera system.

Agree completely. One other feature I would like to see phased in is front camera. Other than that, I would be completely content.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
They did, on everything except the HD Rams…
Damn, you're right. They got rid of MDS by eliminating the entire engine. Kudos to Ram and Stellantis on that brilliant decision. Guess I'm still in denial over it and haven't accepted that fact yet. I should probably seek counseling.

tommycc

Reaction score
The problem is they will get rid of a feature but still charge you more.

akaTheDude

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2024 limited and was wondering how well this worked.

Couple of questions:
I know it will give you an audiable alert, but did it brake for you automatically? (not talking about CC, just in town driving scenario etc)
If so, was your foot still on the accelerator? Just curious if the situation was dire, if the system would engage regardless of your interaction.

Users who are viewing this thread