5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire fill alert?

MS Delta

Reaction score
Just replaced my 2016 Laramie with a 2024 and upon reading the manual it states that there is a tire fill alert where the horn will sound once correct pressure is attained while filling. Anyone used this? Is it accurate? If so that would be an awesome feature in my opinion.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just replaced my 2016 Laramie with a 2024 and upon reading the manual it states that there is a tire fill alert where the horn will sound once correct pressure is attained while filling. Anyone used this? Is it accurate? If so that would be an awesome feature in my opinion.
It works great, sounds the horn and flashes the lights, more accurate than your average pressure gauge.

MS Delta

Reaction score
That’s awesome! That will be such a time saver not having to stop and manually check or overshoot and have to bleed, etc…

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As long as you know to expect it, first time I had to fill one up I didn’t realize this and scared the hell out of me. Few weeks later I spotted another Ram owner filling one of his and I just sat and waited and watched sure enough he was also not expecting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I made sure to tell the fella at Discount tire about it, so he wouldn't think I was doing it. :ROFLMAO:

Emiliomcol

Reaction score
Does this works for all trims or just Laramie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n8zcc

Reaction score
At home, I use an automatic shutoff tire inflator. It will adjust the tire pressure to the preset PSI. What I've noticed about the tire fill alert is that it is easy to overair a pound or two which isn't a big deal. It is a nice feature and I leave mine on.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
At home, I use an automatic shutoff tire inflator. It will adjust the tire pressure to the preset PSI. What I've noticed about the tire fill alert is that it is easy to overair a pound or two which isn't a big deal. It is a nice feature and I leave mine on.
:)(y), makes it so easy. On my 2011 Honda Fit can read the TPM pressure with an Autel Maxitpms, wish it worked on all my vehicles.
1707571212318.png

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Milwaukee M12 tire inflator that works good. I'm sure the M18 would be a little faster. But I m a red household.

Same, at the time I didn’t carry an inflator with me. Later on bought one just to carry in the truck and have available when the temperature changes and throws all the tire pressure off, and also nice not having to drive to several gas stations that have a working pump or a line waiting to use said pump. M12 FTW good enough for vehicle tires and not very bulky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i ended up turning it off because when i'm airing down for trails the flashing hazards are annoying and when I'm airing up the horn would randomly honk before the set pressure is reached. I was ok with it but my friends complained every time lol
so i just rely on my Moorflate gauge and it's pretty accurate.

These are what I use:
This allows you to do all 4 at the same time to ensure equal pressure on all 4 tires.
The included gauge is accurate; i compared the pressure shown on the gauge vs the dash and they're the same.

ARB Single Compressor mounted under the hood. Can fill all 4 tires (35x12.5R18) from 20 PSI to 40 PSI in about 5-7 minutes. I didn't time it but I usually smoke a cigarette when the pump is running, and one cigarette takes about 5 minutes.
Only downside is I have to keep the engine running when airing up.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday I was airing up the tires. On one, I knew I aired it too much. Checked it with a pressure gauge and it was 42lbs. I did not get any horn or lights flashing to "tell" me when it was at the correct pressure. What am I missing?
I guess I gotta go get the manual unless one of you kind folks would like to tell me that there is a setting I should check... :cool:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday I was airing up the tires. On one, I knew I aired it too much. Checked it with a pressure gauge and it was 42lbs. I did not get any horn or lights flashing to "tell" me when it was at the correct pressure. What am I missing?
I guess I gotta go get the manual unless one of you kind folks would like to tell me that there is a setting I should check... :cool:
what does your door sticker say? It goes based on what the sticker says.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Truck needs to be on for it to notify you. I've never had it notify me personally

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Truck needs to be on for it to notify you. I've never had it notify me personally
The engine was off. I will have to test it with the acc on, then with the start on but the engine not running & then with the engine running...

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The engine was off. I will have to test it with the acc on, then with the start on but the engine not running & then with the engine running...
Ignition on or engine running, tire pressure display on in the instrument cluster and I believe the driver`s door open also.
It is somewhere in the owners manual, who wants to read that...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ignition on or engine running, tire pressure display on in the instrument cluster and I believe the driver`s door open also.
It is somewhere in the owners manual, who wants to read that...
Too much crap. I'll just use a tire gauge at that point. I mean, I still would anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread