5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Bighorn Specific 360 surround view

GTG2022

Reaction score
First off, I've learned from all the contributors who have gotten this mod documented and completed. I wanted to share my attempt with others who have a 2022 Bighorn. As we all know, parts change and we all want to know which part/part numbers work with our specific year. When I ran into issues, I spent hours reading through and searching all the past treads. I want to consolidate and share what I ran into when trying to complete this mod. So this is my way of contributing. Again, I couldn't have done this without everyone who successfully completed this and those helping out and guiding me in the right direction!

Part numbers that worked on my 2022 Bighorn
5602 9964AF CVPM
7KJ43RPXAA Tailgate handle <== Replace "RPX" whith your 3 letter color code of your truck.
68341467AC Emblem Backing Plate NOTE: This will not just fit on the grill of a 2022 BH because it is one whole piece. I found a 2021 Laramie grill cheap on offer up.
68529657AA Handle Spacer Yes you will need this
68341480AB Camera Bracket
68365873AB Camera Bracket
68322480AD Jumper Wiring Optional but I would recommend it
68144068AD You will need 4 of these cameras eventhough you have a rear camera already. As discussed in many other threads. These have a wider angle of view.
CVPM harness for power. There are many who can offer this or you can make it yourself. I got one from Jimmy07.
Cables you can find on the "HOW TO" here
NOTE on cameras:
If you buy mirrors with cameras in them, these will work. I bought 4 used mirrors with cameras (ranging from 100 to 125 bucks) that had the BSM because I also added the BSM mod to my truck.
Alpha OBD, SGW bypass (any will do) and OBDLink MX+ (MX+ specifically because it will be needed for calibration) is needed to configure changes to the computer. I will add that most have been successful with calibration with plugging the ODBLink directly into the factory OBD port. I was not successful. I had to leave the SGW bypass plugged in and OBDLink connected to it to successfully calibrate my cameras.

Alpha OBD settings that need to be changed. This may have been obvious to long time Alpha users but you can search for settings that you do not see. I did not know this. I was working off of my printed out copy of my backup. I would highlight the changes and go down the list and tick them off as I made changes. That way, I hopfully didn't change anything by mistake. It's always good to have a backup.
Alpha settings can also be found here

VehConfig 1: Rear View Camera- NO
VehConfig 2: CHMSL Camera- NO
VehConfig 7: Full Central Vision Processing Present- YES
ECUConfig 3: Rear Camera Present- NO
Radio & Connectivity: Rearview Camera Zoom Buttons Present- YES
Radio & Connectivity: Surround View Camera On/Off Softkey Present- YES

CustSetMenu 1: Rear View Camera Gridlines CSM Present- NOT PRESENT
CustSetMenu 1: Rear Camera CSM Present- NO
CustSetMenu 2: Rear View Camera Delay CSM Present- NO
CustSetMenu 2: Surround View Camera Gridlines CSM Present- YES
CustSetMenu 2: Surround View Camera Delay CSM Present- YES
Cabin Net: CVPM Central vision processing- ENABLE
You will need to search when connected to Alpha for the settings highlighted in RED. If you do not enable these, you will not have the Surround view icon on your radio display. Thanks @Stepanchina
Anyone else who has done this to a 2022 Bighorn and ran into issue please pipe in on how you fixed it.

Last edited:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why copy the same thread. We already have a how to

GTG2022

Reaction score
Why copy the same thread. We already have a how to
This is specific for 2022. I spent hours reading your thread and a few others just to find out what was missing. There are actually 5 threads that I had to comb through. That's a lot of reading. If mods feel this is redundant, please delete it or lock it.

vincentw56

Reaction score
This is specific for 2022. I spent hours reading your thread and a few others just to find out what was missing. There are actually 5 threads that I had to comb through. That's a lot of reading. If mods feel this is redundant, please delete it or lock it.
I get it, but we should keep one post about it. If we need to add to it, then that is what we should do. Not create a whole new one. It just makes looking for the information a lot of work like you said. Make suggested changes in the how to so we don't have yet another thread on it.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I'll go through this and incorporate any additional info until the how to.

Ardeedunn

Reaction score
Well, I for one really appreciate the time and effort you took to share your experience working with a 2022 model truck. I have a 2022 as well and the previous folks that had posted there instructions and parts lists were for older year models and most of the part numbers had changed .

Users who are viewing this thread