5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 brochure

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
More than likely they're playing games with the lineup and won't let you get the HO except on the expensive trims. So that's why your payload/towing is so small, same thing happens with the hemi but there at least you can get the hemi in the most basic trim you want.

Ram is losing its way.

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
10740 towing is about right. Looks like the HO engine is only on the plush trims, which are the ones that come with all the heavy options like power seats, moonroof, power running boards, and so on. A few pounds here and there add up quick and leave you with about half a ton for passengers, cargo, and tongue weight before you hit the max GVW. There's umpteen threads bemoaning that in the towing forum. They could rate the thing for 30,000 pounds towing and it wouldn't matter because nobody has enough available cargo weight to take that much tongue weight.

wazslow

Reaction score
The order guides are in the thread below. HO engine comes on Long Horn/Limited/Tungsten models only.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly, I like the H/O numbers because the increases are obviously great. The only downside to me is I am getting a 6 cylinder engine with worse fuel economy. Feels weird.

I have no need for a new truck any time soon, so none of this matters to me, but still interested in seeing where it goes.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's certainly a bummer. I was already liking the idea of a Rebel with that HO engine.
I could have swore I read that was going to be an option, but I don't remember the source. Clearly it was wrong and I'm also pretty bummed to see that it won't be configurable with a Rebel for the time being.

All good info nonetheless. Thanks for sharing @IvoryHemi!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I find it odd that Ram is providing MY25 information that includes the 3.0L EcoDiesel. They killed that off almost a year ago.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Read it again. They have a 3l standard and a 3l high output in addition to the 3.6 V6. No diesel.
Ah, it's tiny and blurry - I thought the left side also said 2025. It actually says 2023. My bad.

Dewey

Reaction score
No H/O in Rebel or Laramie?

I’m not real excited about the Hurricane yet but sure would make it much more appealing to get the H/O in both of those models.

Good to see LED lights are coming standard on lower models along with many other features that are now standard. I’m sure the price increased accordingly.

Looks like a well optioned Tungsten will break the $100k barrier. Figured that was coming soon enough for a 1500.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
first time I have seen the bighorn grill - those nostrils look weird
then am I not understanding starting cost.
So Laramie's and rebels are going up 5-6k from current starting prices for 2025 and there is a huge difference between starting prices on a big horn-44k vs Laramie's-60k and rebel-64k
the current difference between them on the ram website is 10-11k vs 15-20k for 2025

chewmeista

Reaction score
Am I missing where it says any MPG info? I assume the 3.0 will get better gas mileage or else they wouldnt come out with it.

silver billet

Reaction score
Am I missing where it says any MPG info? I assume the 3.0 will get better gas mileage or else they wouldnt come out with it.

You may see 1 or 2 mpg better, but I doubt it. If you're towing, not a chance. The pentastar is still the fuel sipping engine in the Ram lineup though even there its not as large a difference as one might hope.

These engines aren't meant to give you better MPG, just reduced emissions and that's where Ram is really benefiting from using them.

silver billet

Reaction score
first time I have seen the bighorn grill - those nostrils look weird
then am I not understanding starting cost.
So Laramie's and rebels are going up 5-6k from current starting prices for 2025 and there is a huge difference between starting prices on a big horn-44k vs Laramie's-60k and rebel-64k
the current difference between them on the ram website is 10-11k vs 15-20k for 2025

I'd like to see them all in person, but it appears that the bighorn and tradesman are reduced in looks whereas the rebel has improved; all in my opinion of course.

Users who are viewing this thread