5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Rebel - Leveling Kit

lagunitasslugger

Reaction score
Hey All -

Trying to figure out how to level my Ram Rebel 2021 Eco Diesel 3.0L V6. From researching this forum, I want to go with the Readylift 2 inch leveling kit (that comes with the UCA's). I also want to fit 35s on it, which I will do when I install the leveling kit.

Does anybody have any other recommendations for leveling kits, and for those who have it installed how has it been for you? Any clunking noises etc..

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
my two sense and recommendation, go with the Struts/coil overs instead of a puck/spacer level. spacer/puck makes your ride quality decrease quite a bit, possibly squeak or clunk down the line. also not very good if you go off road often.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
spacers are mickey mouse no matter how people put it.

Here is one that I did a review and overview of:

If it's too out of budget for you, at the very least do Bilstein 6112 coilover (with springs), UCA, and 5100 rear.

Or just get this kit: Foam Cell Pro 2" Suspension Lift Kit Suited For 2019+ Ram 1500 - Stage 2
ironman is an Australian brand that is pretty decent. Not a match for race shock brands like Fox or King, but definitely on par if not better than Bilsteins. It's pretty popular with the Toyota and Lexus guys. Can't really go wrong with them. If those are still out of budget then... sorry but save up some and do the lift to avoid headaches later down the line.

anything less than those are just no good in my opinion as a tech/ builder.

lagunitasslugger

Reaction score
I
spacers are mickey mouse no matter how people put it.

Here is one that I did a review and overview of:

If it's too out of budget for you, at the very least do Bilstein 6112 coilover (with springs), UCA, and 5100 rear.

Or just get this kit: Foam Cell Pro 2" Suspension Lift Kit Suited For 2019+ Ram 1500 - Stage 2
ironman is an Australian brand that is pretty decent. Not a match for race shock brands like Fox or King, but definitely on par if not better than Bilsteins. It's pretty popular with the Toyota and Lexus guys. Can't really go wrong with them. If those are still out of budget then... sorry but save up some and do the lift to avoid headaches later down the line.

anything less than those are just no good in my opinion as a tech/ builder.
The only reason i'm going for spacers is because I really like the ride quality of the stock Ram Rebel.

It's so much better than my last two cars, which were a 4 Runner with Icon stage 3 suspension and a Tacoma with the 6112 in the front and 5100 in the rear. I'm not trying to mickey mouse but i'm hesitant to upgrade to a new suspension and change my ride..

Last edited:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I

The only reason i'm going for spacers is because I really like the ride quality of the stock Ram Rebel.

It's so much better than my last two cars, which were a 4 Runner with Icon stage 3 suspension and a Tacoma with the 6112 in the front and 5100 in the rear. I'm not trying to mickey mouse but i'm hesitant to upgrade to a new suspension and change my ride..
In that case Fox 2.5 DSC would be my recommendation.
dial the adjusters to the lowest till it locks and then go back one click. I ride at max out low speed and it soaks up all the bumps and stuff on pavement while still allowing me to corner and go through canyons at a reasonable pace (aka, i'm overtaking all the tourists and weekend drivers)
at the current setting my butt is telling me it's an improved ride over stock since it takes out the floaty-ness of the stock ride.

I also noted that you wanna do 35s. Keep in mind 35s are heavier than stock 33s, and that is unsprung weight which translate to a lot more than what the difference is for suspension. It's a whole lot of explanation and science and math behind that is complicated to explain. You can YouTube unsprung weight if you want.
35s and their unsprung weight will affect the way suspension reacts, meaning the wheels and tires now have too much weight for the suspension to react to without negatively impact your ride quality. This is because of valving is NOT valved for that much unsprung weight.
35s with 5100 should be better in your case, since 5100s have a firmer valve than stock 4600s. That firmer valving is designed to handle larger tires and their unsprung weight without negatively impact your ride quality. So yes, 5100s will ride firmer on 33s.
If you like the digressive piston of your 4600s, keeping it within Bilstein should be a great choice.

spacers are not the way to go. you are basically limiting your suspension travel to get that "lift" and further messing with your suspension ride and geometry. That will NOT net you what you are looking for.

L Curtis

Reaction score
In that case Fox 2.5 DSC would be my recommendation.
dial the adjusters to the lowest till it locks and then go back one click. I ride at max out low speed and it soaks up all the bumps and stuff on pavement while still allowing me to corner and go through canyons at a reasonable pace (aka, i'm overtaking all the tourists and weekend drivers)
at the current setting my butt is telling me it's an improved ride over stock since it takes out the floaty-ness of the stock ride.

I also noted that you wanna do 35s. Keep in mind 35s are heavier than stock 33s, and that is unsprung weight which translate to a lot more than what the difference is for suspension. It's a whole lot of explanation and science and math behind that is complicated to explain. You can YouTube unsprung weight if you want.
35s and their unsprung weight will affect the way suspension reacts, meaning the wheels and tires now have too much weight for the suspension to react to without negatively impact your ride quality. This is because of valving is NOT valved for that much unsprung weight.
35s with 5100 should be better in your case, since 5100s have a firmer valve than stock 4600s. That firmer valving is designed to handle larger tires and their unsprung weight without negatively impact your ride quality. So yes, 5100s will ride firmer on 33s.
If you like the digressive piston of your 4600s, keeping it within Bilstein should be a great choice.

spacers are not the way to go. you are basically limiting your suspension travel to get that "lift" and further messing with your suspension ride and geometry. That will NOT net you what you are looking for.
Agree 100%. Since I drive my Rebel as a daily I have zero regrets with 6112’s up front and 5100’s in rear. I am running 35x12.50’s and I’m telling you the ride is great! I’m using Core 4x4 upper control arms with Moog precision ball joints. My friends and coworkers are truck and Ram owners and can’t believe the ride. Yes I could have purchased many other far superior set ups but this is a daily and well worth the money. Previously I had 5100’s up front with 295/70/18 (34”) tires and that worked well too.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Since I drive my Rebel as a daily I have zero regrets with 6112’s up front and 5100’s in rear. I am running 35x12.50’s and I’m telling you the ride is great! I’m using Core 4x4 upper control arms with Moog precision ball joints. My friends and coworkers are truck and Ram owners and can’t believe the ride. Yes I could have purchased many other far superior set ups but this is a daily and well worth the money. Previously I had 5100’s up front with 295/70/18 (34”) tires and that worked well too.
yeap if you don't wheel often or hard or go fast enough in the desert, really no need for the shocks from desert racing podium brands.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Top hat spacers won’t change the ride quality. Only preload spacers do that. It’s fine for those tho don’t hard core off-road, but you will need UCAs since you have a rebel.

if you have the cash I’d do Bilstein or eibach coil overs tho.

Dan Houle

Reaction score
Hey All -

Trying to figure out how to level my Ram Rebel 2021 Eco Diesel 3.0L V6. From researching this forum, I want to go with the Readylift 2 inch leveling kit (that comes with the UCA's). I also want to fit 35s on it, which I will do when I install the leveling kit.

Does anybody have any other recommendations for leveling kits, and for those who have it installed how has it been for you? Any clunking noises etc..
I did exactly what you said, RL 2” with the new new UCA & stuffed some 35’s on the stock rims. Rides awesome, not even close to rubbing. Only thing if you wanna get nit picky is the front is 1/2“ higher than the rear. But all in all, love it. Have a 2022 Rebel. Local reputable custom shop did the work.

KOOPS

Reaction score
What clip are you running on the 6112s? I'm looking to add 6112's on max clip 8 for my 20' Rebel EcoDiesel. I offroad a bit so I am wondering if the travel/ride will be OK on #8.

KOOPS

Reaction score
yeap if you don't wheel often or hard or go fast enough in the desert, really no need for the shocks from desert racing podium brands.
I asked L Curtis this, but wondering if you have any info on 6112's and setting them on clip location#8....as far as ride quality offroad etc. I am not replacing the stock rears on my Rebel EcoDiesel just yet, though. Just looking for some offroad performance and a more level truck.

L Curtis

Reaction score
What clip are you running on the 6112s? I'm looking to add 6112's on max clip 8 for my 20' Rebel EcoDiesel. I offroad a bit so I am wondering if the travel/ride will be OK on #8.
I have mine set to 8. Ordered from shock surplus. I do not drive hard but do have fun on my job site from time to time. I am very pleased with travel but especially the day to day driving. Raised front approx 1-3/4”

Attachments

• IMG_8430.png
    IMG_8430.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 56

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
I have mine set to 8. Ordered from shock surplus. I do not drive hard but do have fun on my job site from time to time. I am very pleased with travel but especially the day to day driving. Raised front approx 1-3/4”
This is the same kit i have from same site, except mine set to clip 7". i second this. absolutely amazing ride quality and eats imperfections in the road including dips so easy. love it.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I asked L Curtis this, but wondering if you have any info on 6112's and setting them on clip location#8....as far as ride quality offroad etc. I am not replacing the stock rears on my Rebel EcoDiesel just yet, though. Just looking for some offroad performance and a more level truck.
well i am not sure how it would ride offroad because I went straight to Fox 2.5 since I know exactly what I do off pavement and what I need.

But, just know this: even if the shock can go that high in terms of clips (preload), you are still sacrificing suspension travel for lift height. Travel is what you need while off pavement. Meaning, when you add preload to lift up the shock, your shock's piston's ride height position is sitting lower than normal; you are extending your shocks already. And that way, when you need that downward travel, your shock won't have anything left to go.

If a shock says 2-3" lift, I'd leave it at 2" just so I am not adding preload and limit my travel for the look. But that's just personal choice though. If you're doing graded dirt road or forest service roads more than desert (unmaintained surface, chances of hitting big whoops and dips), the ride should be ok. But if you're gonna be doing over 40mph+ on unmaintained surface, i'd dial it down a bit so the shocks can still do their jobs.

Dan Houle

Reaction score
Curious, is your bottom just regular paint or a decal or what? Looks awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread