5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PARK SENSE/SERVICE SHIFTER CODES

Jeffrey_Sasquatch

Reaction score
I speak for a growing number of 2019 and up 5th Gen RAM 1500 owners. We are having serious electrical issues with the "PARK SENSE & SERVICE SHIFTER" systems. The Park Sense shuts off without warning, then turns back on along with a SERVICE SHIFTER message (and check engine light) appearing on the Dashboard Message Screen. There are no codes being held in memory, but yet our trucks continue daily to have these issues. They continue to shut off the PARK SENSE and or lock the truck into PARK...........WE NEED RAM TO GET AN AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL DETECTIVE, NOW!!!!!!!....................So far I've have had to deal with the INADEQUATE, IMPROPERLY TRAINED employees, that cant find their butts with a map and both hands!...All RAM knows how to do is BREAK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT by throwing unneeded parts at your vehicle....I have spoken with numerous 5th Gen Ram 1500 owners recently, that are having this same ongoing electrical system issue, and the only thing any of us are getting out of RAM, is "WE DON'T KNOW WHATS WRONG, BUT KEEP GIVING US YOUR MONEY!"

Last edited:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow you paying alot for everything..... or did you pay alot for an extended warranty?

MarkHayden65

Reaction score
I speak for a growing number of 2019 and up 5th Gen RAM 1500 owners. We are having serious electrical issues with the "PARK SENSE & SERVICE SHIFTER" systems. The Park Sense shuts off without warning, then turns back on along with a SERVICE SHIFTER message (and check engine light) appearing on the Dashboard Message Screen. There are no codes being held in memory, but yet our trucks continue daily to have these issues. They continue to shut off the PARK SENSE and or lock the truck into PARK...........WE NEED RAM TO GET AN AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL DETECTIVE, NOW!!!!!!!....................So far I've have had to deal with the INADEQUATE, IMPROPERLY TRAINED employees, that cant find their butts with a map and both hands!...All RAM knows how to do is BREAK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT by throwing unneeded parts at your vehicle....I have spoken with numerous 5th Gen Ram 1500 owners recently, that are having this same ongoing electrical system issue, and the only thing any of us are getting out of RAM, is "WE DON'T KNOW WHATS WRONG, BUT KEEP GIVING US YOUR MONEY!"
Jeffrey, i am having the same issues for the last month. Dealer has changed out the shifter and parktronics module and still not fixed. How is your situation going?

OWD USMC

Reaction score
Jeffrey, I have the same issue. Just replaced my original battery, but still throwing these warning messages. I'm guessing from this message your local dealership did not cover these reapirs under warranty correct?

OWD USMC

Reaction score
Jeffrey, i am having the same issues for the last month. Dealer has changed out the shifter and parktronics module and still not fixed. How is your situation going?
Hi Mark, Did your dealership cover these repairs under warranty?

Duenez90

Reaction score
Any luck on this issue just got the park assist module replaced it still does it no check engine light on but do get a random service shifter warning? Also just replaced the battery last month.. read on a separate forum maybe a lose ground strap

Melrob

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am new to this. Have a 2019 1500 and I have the park sense issues myself. If I back up the brakes lock up and at random times the front sensors turn off. I literally just got the service shifter warning 10 minutes ago. I did notice that it doesn’t do it in the morning when it’s 90 degrees outside. But in the middle of the day when it’s blazing hot 115 degrees it does this

Texas806

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out the issue. My truck is currently at the dealership mechanic thinks it’s the main harness to the transmission which is on back order

peteladeet

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 2019 1500. It's seems to only be an issue when the temps here in Utah are 90 and above. Its really annoying.

Texas806

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 2019 1500. It's seems to only be an issue when the temps here in Utah are 90 and above. Its really annoying.
Yea it started after I got stuck in mud couple months ago won’t start tell after lunch When it gets hot

MWD31RAM

Reaction score
Just had my truck do this today. Nice cool day where I live 70s all day truck won’t let me do anything with the shifting dial 33k miles called the dealer to let them know and it will be towed there tomorrow and will probably be sold after that done with Ram at this point I think I’m headed the Ford route.

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
I’ve been having these issues for about a week now. Yesterday the Service Shifter chime would sound about every minute during my drive. Shut the truck off when I went into a store and it wasn’t doing it when I drove back. Other times it was more sporadic. The Park Sense deal is off and on throughout the days, I noticed it wasn’t working today but gave no indication of that. I’ve also noticed a rougher idle that my truck never had.

Honestly, not much on this truck has ever worked consistently. What’s the point?

beginjames81

Reaction score
My truck (2019 Rebel) started doing this about a month ago. Any one able to get theirs fixed?

bfcollins

Reaction score
I had the problem when I bought my 19 used. The dealership replaced the Parksense module and when I went to pick it up the error message came back on before I could back out of the parking space at the dealership. The electrician found a bad ground wire in the wiring harness. They fixed the ground wire and I have not had any issues after the ground wire fix. This fixed my Parksense and Service Shifter error message.

THDDad

Reaction score
I had the problem when I bought my 19 used. The dealership replaced the Parksense module and when I went to pick it up the error message came back on before I could back out of the parking space at the dealership. The electrician found a bad ground wire in the wiring harness. They fixed the ground wire and I have not had any issues after the ground wire fix. This fixed my Parksense and Service Shifter error message.
Any info on which wiring harness?

MWD31RAM

Reaction score
so the issue with my truck was the ESM was fried for whatever reason no warning signs leading up too it guy at the dealership said he’s been seeing more of these popping up lately. Pretty cheap part but lucky still under warranty

Users who are viewing this thread