5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Dunga

Reaction score
Same for me, but since my bid is brand new it's pending acceptance. I'm prepared to play the numbers game to get it accepted.
Good luck. My truck is supposed to get delivered any minute now! Got my flashlight next to me and an envelope of cash. My not-quite-in-his-40s butt needs to be in bed 😵‍💫

Dunga

Reaction score
She’s finally here! Delivery was late at night so I couldn’t inspect every inch but looks like she’s in a good shape. Some bugs. One tiny area that would need touch up pain that actually may have been from the factory. It’s like 2 millimeters wide. Tiny. I’m sure I’ll find more blemishes in better light.

Some initial impressions: the screen is soooo friggin bright. Probably can turn down brightness somewhere in the settings. The steering should telescope in an $80k vehicle. I’m sure I’ll find a driving position I like and get used to it. The infotainment is a bit overwhelming despite me spending the last 3 months watching every single YouTube video that had a 5th gen ram in it. I’m hoping the navigation has some sort of dark or night mode. My eyes can’t take all the bright shiny colors at midnight.

Leather quality seems very good. I believe they use different grade leathers for different parts. Like the arm rest feels much tougher than the dash for example. Probably because it needs to be tougher since it might get worn if it’s super soft and you touch it all the time.

The stereo is sweet. I’m no audiophile and wasn’t gonna max it out but when I got up to over 60-70% it remained super crisp. Need to play with the settings a bit.

Surround camera quality is not the best at night. Compares to my ‘14 corvette but my ‘21 Benz is leaps and bounds sharper.

Also this thing is a bit of a pain to park for the uninitiated. The size is bigger than anything I’ve tried to shove in there. -wut?-

5036520F-537D-4A4B-8239-D0B1C37879AA.jpeg

One thing I’m very impressed with is the paint quality. Now I don’t know how much of it is thanks to the ceramic coating job since they usually do some paint correction, but even things like orange peel seem better than my Vette and some Mercedes’ I’ve owned. It’s a bit dusty but you can see hardly any swirls.

811B4FF4-934C-4DE0-AF41-1B6919F03307.jpeg

Overall I’m happy she made it alright. Cannot recommend the guys at mark dodge enough. From Sandi, to Cody, Reggie, and of course Aaron. With how busy those guys are, I have no clue how they manage to be so patient, professional, and unbelievably courteous. I got a brand new truck for $10 grand off sticker plus incentives. What else can I say? Maybe I shoulda got a TRX? Haha. I’ve no idea how I would park that thing being way wider than my behemoth.

JoeI21

Reaction score
She’s finally here! Delivery was late at night so I couldn’t inspect every inch but looks like she’s in a good shape. Some bugs. One tiny area that would need touch up pain that actually may have been from the factory. It’s like 2 millimeters wide. Tiny. I’m sure I’ll find more blemishes in better light.

Some initial impressions: the screen is soooo friggin bright. Probably can turn down brightness somewhere in the settings. The steering should telescope in an $80k vehicle. I’m sure I’ll find a driving position I like and get used to it. The infotainment is a bit overwhelming despite me spending the last 3 months watching every single YouTube video that had a 5th gen ram in it. I’m hoping the navigation has some sort of dark or night mode. My eyes can’t take all the bright shiny colors at midnight.

Leather quality seems very good. I believe they use different grade leathers for different parts. Like the arm rest feels much tougher than the dash for example. Probably because it needs to be tougher since it might get worn if it’s super soft and you touch it all the time.

The stereo is sweet. I’m no audiophile and wasn’t gonna max it out but when I got up to over 60-70% it remained super crisp. Need to play with the settings a bit.

Surround camera quality is not the best at night. Compares to my ‘14 corvette but my ‘21 Benz is leaps and bounds sharper.

Also this thing is a bit of a pain to park for the uninitiated. The size is bigger than anything I’ve tried to shove in there. -wut?-

View attachment 136012

One thing I’m very impressed with is the paint quality. Now I don’t know how much of it is thanks to the ceramic coating job since they usually do some paint correction, but even things like orange peel seem better than my Vette and some Mercedes’ I’ve owned. It’s a bit dusty but you can see hardly any swirls.

View attachment 136013

Overall I’m happy she made it alright. Cannot recommend the guys at mark dodge enough. From Sandi, to Cody, Reggie, and of course Aaron. With how busy those guys are, I have no clue how they manage to be so patient, professional, and unbelievably courteous. I got a brand new truck for $10 grand off sticker plus incentives. What else can I say? Maybe I shoulda got a TRX? Haha. I’ve no idea how I would park that thing being way wider than my behemoth.
congrats man! looks great. best of luck

JoeI21

Reaction score
Good luck. My truck is supposed to get delivered any minute now! Got my flashlight next to me and an envelope of cash. My not-quite-in-his-40s butt needs to be in bed 😵‍💫
staying up to change that signature with the garage date is worth every bit of lost sleep

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 136012

View attachment 136013

congrats!!!
Beautiful truck man!

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score

View attachment 136012

View attachment 136013

Congrats!!!! Woohoo!

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 136012

View attachment 136013

Patriot blue and chome.... how a truck should be

Rammmer

Reaction score

View attachment 136012

View attachment 136013

Congrats! Glad everything worked out for you with the shipping.

My truck was delivered Monday so hopefully I can get it some time this month.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Ctmaz68

Reaction score

View attachment 136012

View attachment 136013

Looks great, what a beautiful color. I can't wait for mine, supposed to be built this coming Saturday....fingers crossed. Congratulations

Abckmyr

Reaction score
Looks great, what a beautiful color. I can't wait for mine, supposed to be built this coming Saturday....fingers crossed. Congratulations

How do you know it’s going to be built Saturday?

Abckmyr

Reaction score
At some point they give you a target build date. Or estimated.

Thanks guys. I love it!

The last time I talked to anyone at MD as the day I was given my order number. The only information I have is the paperwork I signed. The ram tracker says it scheduled but that’s the only information I have.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
The last time I talked to anyone at MD as the day I was given my order number. The only information I have is the paperwork I signed. The ram tracker says it scheduled but that’s the only information I have.
If you have what's known as a D1 status with it being scheduled, MD should be able to tell you the estimated build date. This is where the wording will sound confusing. The word MD and Ram uses is the estimated shipping date. That's really the first day the truck will be built and the build "should" start within 1-3 days of that date. The true Shipping date will come later after it's built and you will know the difference with this date. The Ram tracker will show the Shipped date after it's built, but it doesn't mean it's in transit. It could sit in a rail yard waiting to be moved. There's not a decent way to track the fine details during shipping.

Abckmyr

Reaction score
If you have what's known as a D1 status with it being scheduled, MD should be able to tell you the estimated build date. This is where the wording will sound confusing. The word MD and Ram uses is the estimated shipping date. That's really the first day the truck will be built and the build "should" start within 1-3 days of that date. The true Shipping date will come later after it's built and you will know the difference with this date. The Ram tracker will show the Shipped date after it's built, but it doesn't mean it's in transit. It could sit in a rail yard waiting to be moved. There's not a decent way to track the fine details during shipping.

Thanks I’ll have to reach out to MD and see what they say.

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
I know everyone has a different opinion on this, but I’ll ask anyway.

What brand would you recommend for the DIY ceramic coating?

I was planning on paying someone to do the paint correction but, based on your time estimates, I’d have no problem doing the DIY CC if it’s going to make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly most of the DIY kits are similar and as long as you're getting a true coating instead of a spray on and wipe off, you should be fine with any of the major brands. I have used AvalonKing, Carpro Cquartz, and now Adams Graphene advanced. The first two are ceramics, the last graphene. the differences between the two are minor and the Adam's graphene is more of a trial for me. I think it'll work out just fine but it is a trial. I would have no problems recommending any of the 3 I've tried. all work and IMO the carpro is the easiest of the 3 to work with. The Adam's graphene is probably the most difficult.

SealTeamFive

Reaction score

Beautfiul.... all around. The truck, the vette (I had an '08 for years), the garage... everything. LOVE the setup!

LukePCI

Reaction score
Can someone looks at this summary and tell me what Bill from Mark Dodge is talking about? He said i have to add a level 1 or 2 package to my build. When i build it on RAM.com it doesnt force me to. Also his levels say Laramie level 1 and level 2 not limited.

Attachments

• summary.pdf
    378.2 KB · Views: 40

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can someone looks at this summary and tell me what Bill from Mark Dodge is talking about? He said i have to add a level 1 or 2 package to my build. When i build it on RAM.com it doesnt force me to. Also his levels say Laramie level 1 and level 2 not limited.
He (Bill) must have checked Laramie by mistake. When I just tried to build a Laramie with the 33 Gallon tank, that option forced me to pick a Level 1 or 2 package.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread