5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for showing me where I am...although it seems being on the line I should be getting build news real soon...right?? Of course, there have been others who are further left of the line than I am, so I have not known their pain as of yet!
The "theoretical, perfect world" prediction on that chart puts you around 1/20/22 or so. But Ram is not paying any attention to me, and doing whatever they feel like doing. So your guess is as good as mine (actually, it's probably better than mine).

kc135t

Reaction score
The "theoretical, perfect world" prediction on that chart puts you around 1/20/22 or so. But Ram is not paying any attention to me, and doing whatever they feel like doing. So your guess is as good as mine (actually, it's probably better than mine).
My thoughts exactly...fingers crossed and standing by for word...like so many others on here!

Cheers

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I've got good news for you. My dealer has an incoming TRX Ignition Edition that has been customized with the Mammoth 1000 package (that's 1,000 hp). My guess is they'll ask a paltry $175,000 for it. THAT would be a well-equipped, high trim level truck.
Lol, that dude who called me a poor for going with a Laramie better get his *** moving on it. 🤣

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, my truck is still sitting in Utah. My dealership only has it and two Jeeps coming from whatever yard it is in. Truck Driver is waiting on a full load before he drives it to Boise.

In the meantime...

View attachment 116967
You need foam inserts to hold your beer in the door

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, my truck is still sitting in Utah. My dealership only has it and two Jeeps coming from whatever yard it is in. Truck Driver is waiting on a full load before he drives it to Boise.

In the meantime...

View attachment 116967
More pics of the interior please. Giving me some ideas for upgrades. 🔥

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Well I've got good news for you. My dealer has an incoming TRX Ignition Edition that has been customized with the Mammoth 1000 package (that's 1,000 hp). My guess is they'll ask a paltry $175,000 for it. THAT would be a well-equipped, high trim level truck.
I'm still holding out hope I can find myself a mothertrucking C2 Corvette Coupe. So, that $175k your dealer wants, plus some, is already chillin' in my "C2" account waiting for the right one to come along.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Understood. If I was in your position, I would use the Ram search tool on their website and select all the options you want, and then start putting in zip codes further and further away from your location to search different dealers. You should be able to find a pretty loaded Limited on a lot or in transit to and from there, throw some offers out.

Or also, why not give Mark Dodge a call in Lakes Charles? Not far from you. They may have something in transit and their prices usually can't be beat.
I've called Aaron at Mark Dodge and left him two messages. Nothing back from them yet, so I've just decided it wasn't meant to be.

n8zcc

Reaction score
As mentioned before, seems like folks are all over the map with respect to order fulfillment, no rhyme of reason...........
I'll share with you what I know albeit it may not be accurate with how it is done at RAM. You may find it interesting.

Before I retired in June of 2017, I was lead in vehicle launch programs. At the time, I worked for a supplier, we owned most (excluding driveline) of the wiring and ECMs in the vehicle so, when the vehicle came down the line and it didn't start, guess who got blamed. That is beside the point but a little background. This was for Ford at the Louisville assembly plant where Escapes were assembled.

As I stood around waiting for a series of the launch vehicles to come down the assembly line I took notice that vehicles came in batches of colors. For example, I would see several white vehicles followed by another color. That makes sense, they likely paint several vehicles the same color before changing over the spray guns.

I started to look at the WS and noticed that the vehicles were grouped not only by color but also by destination. The destination would include the dealer, adjacent dealers, city, and large destination areas (likely for rail shipments). Out of curiosity, I asked one of the plant engineers I worked with how the order entry works. This is what they told me.

First, you need to know for this plant that UPS (the brown truck guys) handled the complete logistics of the vehicle ordering process and vehicle transport to the selling dealer. UPS logistics organized the order of vehicles that went into the system. UPS also coordinated with suppliers the order that dashboards and seating (both JIT and externally built) would have to be sequenced so that the correct seating and dash would be on the line at the correct time. Driveline items, rims, tires, wiring harnesses, and many other components were sequenced into the assembly process by the plant.

Outside in the lot, finished vehicles came out of the plant and off to either a staging area for a car rack or directly onto rail cars. There was little to no on-lot inventory. Every vehicle assembled was a sold vehicle, either a customer's order or a dealer's yard stock order. Once the WS was issued, the vehicle was billed to the ordering dealer.

That is how it worked for the Ford plant in 2017. I don't know how much different RAM does it but a little inside of how it is done. Now, let your imagination have at it.

louitino123

Reaction score
Wow since August.......I feel for you, I will need therapy if mine takes that long!!

I ordered mine on 12/05/21, it has been in D1 stage for about 2 weeks, VIN - NN248807.

Originally I told myself to be patient (like waiting on a NFA stamp) but since joining the forum my patience has "gone out the window" seeing all the new happy RAM owners.
TBH it doesn't feel too long, compared to some others wait times on here. getting the truck from order date in under 90 days is wishful thinking imo. Granted trim and builds/parts dictate so much and then the random vin selector ram uses.

I'm pretty grateful that its been just 5 months for a loaded rebel. or maybe ive been brainwashed to think 5 mos is acceptable haha. hell I'm grateful to be able to get this beast, cant wait. I'm kind of regretting getting the tow mirrors, in hindsight I could have easily survived without, only tow a boat a few times a yr. i feel like it could be an easy swap? w/mopar

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
getting the truck from order date in under 90 days is wishful thinking imo.

pedro-monkey-puppet.gif

n8zcc

Reaction score
Understood. If I was in your position, I would use the Ram search tool on their website and select all the options you want, and then start putting in zip codes further and further away from your location to search different dealers. You should be able to find a pretty loaded Limited on a lot or in transit to and from there, throw some offers out.
Just be aware, this got me back in 2015 when I was looking for a well equipped 3500. The trucks that show up on a dealer's website doesn't mean the truck is available for sale, it could have, and in this market, likely is a sold order.

Maccam

Reaction score
Just be aware, this got me back in 2015 when I was looking for a well equipped 3500. The trucks that show up on a dealer's website doesn't mean the truck is available for sale, it could have, and in this market, likely is a sold order.
yeah,i just learned that the day i picked mine up,there were 6 or 7 delivered same day,all on website,as in transit,and all
were sold ordered vehicles

Users who are viewing this thread