5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Moondogger

Reaction score
Got this from Ram Chat today.

"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."

Does this mean D1 status or is it Ram Chat deflection?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got this from Ram Chat today.

"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."

Does this mean D1 status or is it Ram Chat deflection?
That's their terminology for D1.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
It helps if we have the transport capacity to do anything with it all once it's off loaded 😛

Agreed. I would think though, that it's much better to have stuff off the ships and heading into warehouses though than sitting out in the open ocean for weeks at a time

GATORB8

Reaction score
Agreed. I would think though, that it's much better to have stuff off the ships and heading into warehouses though than sitting out in the open ocean for weeks at a time
Pretty ridiculous it takes Presidential intervention to get this done in LA, especially when Long Beach has been running 24/7 for weeks.

Kwick66

Reaction score
Hey gents, For special orders HD's are there any west coast dealers offering comparable deals to Mark and/or Chapman?
Chapman hasn't responded to my inquiries, and Mark is half way across the country.
Mark has been very responsive, and I would love to give them my business. Just checking in before I make the decision. Thanks

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey gents, For special orders HD's are there any west coast dealers offering comparable deals to Mark and/or Chapman?
Chapman hasn't responded to my inquiries, and Mark is half way across the country.
Mark has been very responsive, and I would love to give them my business. Just checking in before I make the decision. Thanks
MD is 667 miles from me but the pricing, attentiveness and timely responses from Aaron made my decision easy. Still don't have any idea when or how I will make the journey.

chris288

Reaction score
The peoples republic of Kalifornia is screwing things up badly.... They are not allowing trucks to be registered in the state over a certain age and are not allowing owner operators to operate. Kalifornia is really messing up the works and its only getting worse. no gasoline lawn mowers or " off road " equipment to be sold.

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
I spoke with Ram chat today my truck is in what they call the body center. I am sure it's the upfit center. I am not sure where that is? I am sure they are doing the spray in bedliner and bed utility group.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
MD is 667 miles from me but the pricing, attentiveness and timely responses from Aaron made my decision easy. Still don't have any idea when or how I will make the journey.
Ditto re Mark. They have been more than great. As i write sitting on plane from houston to lake charles getting ready to go. . Pick up truck tomorrow am

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
While I have no problem dropping deuces on CA all day long, we are treading perilously close to the sorts of political talk barred by the forum. So, in an effort to get things back on track...

Other than the BAK Revolver X4, does anyone know of any locking tonneau covers for the 2022's that allow the tailgate to close while the cover is locked?

Luigi_dfw

Reaction score
While I have no problem dropping deuces on CA all day long, we are treading perilously close to the sorts of political talk barred by the forum. So, in an effort to get things back on track...

Other than the BAK Revolver X4, does anyone know of any locking tonneau covers for the 2022's that allow the tailgate to close while the cover is locked?
I'm looking at the Undercover Armor Flex instead of the BAK covers. The outside is coated in Line-X material to withstand scratches and dings on the panels.

My preference is a tri-fold vs a rolling cover - hence the Undercover

truckless

Reaction score

Are you stuck on a roller?

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Are you stuck on a roller?
Not 100%, as my truck is supposed to come with a digital rear view, so a tri-fold blocking the rear window may not be an issue. However, I have the Bak Revolver on my 2019 and I love it. It's incredibly sturdy, easy to use, and has held up perfectly since I installed it back in October 2019.

hesty

Reaction score
not only that, they said that 1 out of 5 people who purchased ev's in Kalifornia have returned to Gas. there are a ton of artricles out there saying the grid absolutely will not / can not support the e.v. agenda. things are about to get a whole lot worse than they already are.
I had the same concern about the grid especially after the disaster in Texas last winter but everything I read is that it won’t be a huge problem: https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/can-the-power-grid-handle-a-switch-to-electric-vehicles/

The AC example from that article/video is pretty interesting.

Also 4 out of 5 EV people never switching back to ICE seems to indicate the vast majority who try them stick with them. I admit that despite being excited for my new V8 RAM, the EV trucks that are on the way are pretty intriguing.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I had the same concern about the grid especially after the disaster in Texas last winter but everything I read is that it won’t be a huge problem: https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/can-the-power-grid-handle-a-switch-to-electric-vehicles/

The AC example from that article/video is pretty interesting.

Also 4 out of 5 EV people never switching back to ICE seems to indicate the vast majority who try them stick with them. I admit that despite being excited for my new V8 RAM, the EV trucks that are on the way are pretty intriguing.
I think EVs are fine for local trips, but if you've ever had to go on a road trip with one, it's an effort in futility. If you want to understand what I'm talking about, go here and enter your location and somewhere you typically road trip and see what you have to do if you have an EV. Then, map out the same locations Google Maps (what Tesla uses) and see how much quicker and less convoluted the trip is.

For example, we have a vacation house in South Dakota. If we take a Tesla, we have a minimum of 13 charging stops, drive 1,312 miles, and it'll take over 24 hours of driving. If we make the same drive in the '19 Ram 1500 (which we did recently), we made 4 stops, drove 1,051 miles, and got there in less than 17 hours.

truckless

Reaction score
I think EVs are fine for local trips, but if you've ever had to go on a road trip with one, it's an effort in futility. If you want to understand what I'm talking about, go here and enter your location and somewhere you typically road trip and see what you have to do if you have an EV. Then, map out the same locations Google Maps (what Tesla uses) and see how much quicker and less convoluted the trip is.

For example, we have a vacation house in South Dakota. If we take a Tesla, we have a minimum of 13 charging stops, drive 1,312 miles, and it'll take over 24 hours of driving. If we make the same drive in the '19 Ram 1500 (which we did recently), we made 4 stops, drove 1,051 miles, and got there in less than 17 hours.

Hmmm.....just used that map for a 781mi trip from my house to Vancouver. With the number of 5 and 15 minute charges along the way it would be great for a smoker :p

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the idea of electric vehicles, I want my next truck after this one to be electric!

But the infrastructure just isn't there yet. If we could snap our fingers and replace (nearly) every gas station pump with a turbo charger I think most people would be on board. But we're a long ways away from that and trying to "cancel" gas powered vehicles prematurely like this is not gonna work.

Users who are viewing this thread