5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POLL: New UCAs or not with leveling kit?

Did you replace the upper control arms with your leveling kit installation?

• Yes

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 60.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I love this discussion! I recently installed Bilstein 6112s on my Rebel. I used the 8th clip position, which supplies a 2" lift for the 4wd Rebel. Puts the truck dead level at ride height. Bilstein advertises no need for aftermarket UCAs... in fact I wrote to them and asked them specifically if new UCAs were needed with the Rebel since it's a little different animal, and they said no. There's been a lot of debate on this issue amongst Rebel owners. I know everyone is just trying to do and advise the "right thing" but you know how this can be amongst truck guys, and it's even more confusing when some sources say you'll be fine and others say your ball joint is going to break. I am curious if anyone here actually knows someone that this has happened to. I know some people get a "clunk" with the spacers and opt for new UCAs, which isn't what I'm asking. Has anyone actually lost a ball joint, or know someone who has because of rough angles after leveling? Pic of my angle after install - this is with the front tires off the ground. Thanks everybody!

Attachments

• IMG-8842.JPG
    IMG-8842.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 132
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, I have never really played around with trucks. When you say "Off road package" is this diff. than the standard 4x4? Also the 2" Motofab is just a leveling spacer? Not an actually lift kit, correct?
Thanks

Todd1500

Reaction score
The Off Road Package or ORP includes 1" taller springs all around, skid plates and I believe it adds hill descent control.

Reaction score
Thanks Guys
I don't have diff. wheels and tires, pretty sure I didn't see any skid plates under there, and I am pretty sure I don't have the taller springs. So it's just a standard 4x4 except that I do have hill decent control, and rear diff. lock. It also has the 3.92 rear end not that this is a part of the ORP. Anybody on the 2" Motofab? It is just a leveling spacer right?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread